What's new

A lot of Snow Today

coinman123

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2013
Messages
4,676
Reaction score
5,768
Golden Thread
2
Location
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I heard yesterday that we would be getting 12 inches of snow, until 10:30 am there was no snow, then when I was getting a box of dimes from the bank to search it started to snow. It was not that bad, but then the sky seemed to break open, I tryed to shovel the driveway but my work became useless due to more snow falling from the sky making my work unrecognizable. Right now we have 3 or 4 inches of snow on the ground. I thought that what was was horrible until I read the weather report, apparently this is not that bad compared to what is going to happen later. I read that we are getting 1 inch of snow an hour, and a total of 12 inches+ today. I will try to go metal detecting in the woods tomorrow, maybe the leaves and snow insulated the ground from freezing, in the woods there will most likely not be as much snow on the ground, probably most of the snow will be in the trees.

Good Luck With the Snow,
Coinman123,
 
We have about 3" right now of heavy wet snow in my section of NH. The ground is still soft, but to heck with detecting... I'm taking a nap! :laughing7:
 
We have about 3" right now of heavy wet snow in my section of NH. The ground is still soft, but to heck with detecting... I'm taking a nap! :laughing7:

I live in NH too, It looks like NH is getting some of the worst of the storm.
 
I don't get snow like you guys.But we just had two days of severe thunderstorms with lots of flooding.I had to use the truck instead of the car the water was so high near me.
 
4" here so far.

Hopefully it's over
 
I just made my 2nd pass...12+, house is at 1100 feet...

probablygoing to make it tough to detect:censored:
 
last year 340 sum then inches and were all ready on track for a record year

doesn't seem like it is going to be as cold had thaws all ready and more to come....
could bring lake effect watch out when that happens, the snow hung around till June last year...


liftloop
 
I don't get snow like you guys.But we just had two days of severe thunderstorms with lots of flooding.I had to use the truck instead of the car the water was so high near me.

I was stationed at MacDill AFB in Tampa for three years, so I can relate. I'm tempted to tell you that I'd rather be there, but playing in the snow with my 3 year-old grandson today was priceless. Despite all of the shoveling and plowing and grumbling, there's nothing better than sitting by the fire, and sipping a hot toddy. New England life in the winter can be dark and lonely and rugged, but the joys of life here are overwhelmingly great.

Don't get me wrong - I do love the Southlands. For an entire military career, and for all of the people I have met and for all of the friends I have made, all of the lasting friends I ever made while in the Service, are from South of the Mason-Dixon.
 
Higgy i know what snow is like.I lived in new york for 26 years.I feel sorry for a lot of people in those areas.
 
Zero snow here, yet...
Next week looks good too.
Coinman123, where have you found your best "dime box" purchases?
Thanks
Peace
 
Zero snow here, yet...
Next week looks good too.
Coinman123, where have you found your best "dime box" purchases?
Thanks
Peace

I find the best dimes in N.F. String, I average 2-3 silvers in those boxes. I get those boxes from Citizen's Bank or TD Bank. Where I am, Bank Of America has Brink's or Lomis boxes (Brinks are always skunks, I heard they get their coins from coin counting machines such as Coinstar that filter silver). Lomis gives me an average of 1 silver per box.
 
They upped the total to 14", I have around 6"+ on the ground right now, my dog was using the bathroom outside and came back covered in snow, he had to be blow dried lol.
 
No snow here, 38 for the low and 69 for the high, I am making all the grandkids, nieces and nephews play outside, no electronic gaming at papa's house! Happy Thanksgiving!
 
All I can say is BETTER YOU THAN ME!!! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom