🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The days are getting darker sooner so I headed next door after work in the dark. With my Ace250 I only had tones to go by and no depth or visual target type info. Pretty spooky out there too with bobcats in our neighborhood now. :o

Well I was trying to balance on the hillside near the fence and had a solid target. I pulled something small and flat that looked like a large sequence. It even caught some of the nearby light and looked somewhat bright colored. In my imagination I began to think maybe a half cent? I was careful NOT to rub the dirt off of it, just in case and dropped in my ‘things to check later’ container.

Not more than 20 feet away I found a cent (the 1914 Wheat) and was done for the night.

Back at the house I dumped all of my goodies in the plastic sifter, fished out the disc, and lightly rinsed it with fresh water. Voila! One of my Bucket List Dream Coins emerged – an 1855 Silver Three Cent Piece! A first for me! :icon_thumright:

Not sure what the ornate round thing is.

Thanks for Looking!
Nick

Attachments

• 100_8797.JPG
    100_8797.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 97
  • 100_8915 - Copy.JPG
    100_8915 - Copy.JPG
    579.4 KB · Views: 106
  • 100_8932 - Copy.JPG
    100_8932 - Copy.JPG
    198.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 100_8931 - Copy.JPG
    100_8931 - Copy.JPG
    185.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 100_8892 - CROP.JPG
    100_8892 - CROP.JPG
    317.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 100_8893 - CROP.JPG
    100_8893 - CROP.JPG
    268 KB · Views: 100
  • 100_8912.JPG
    100_8912.JPG
    410.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 100_8908.JPG
    100_8908.JPG
    454 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Upvote 16
Thats a nice trime! Still waiting to get mine! Congrats!

A great bucket lister to scratch off the list. She's in Great shape too, Congrats!
Still looking for mine.

250 is a magnet for shallow coins, congrats - Maybe time to invest in a head flashlight, I never leave home without one.

Congrats on a nice find those little buggers can be hard to locate even after you dig them, nice job

And you found a rose tag....always a letdown when expecting a silver quarter.
Congrats on the 3 center, she's a beauty!

What an incredible find!! I can't recall ever seeing one posted in as good of shape as yours. I'm 0 for 25 years looking for one of those beauties- Congrats!!

-- Jeff --

Congrats on a very nice looking 3 Cent piece. Even after all these years of detecting, that one is still on my list.

Great score!

Awesome Trime find, such detail! :occasion14:

Thats a nice trime! Still waiting to get mine! Congrats!
Thanks, BeenFishin! Yours may come when you least expect it. Like mine did!

Wow. Nice trime. Congrats.
Thanks, Johncoho!

A great bucket lister to scratch off the list. She's in Great shape too, Congrats!
Still looking for mine.
Thanks, deershed! Keep on trying!

Congrats. A hard coin to find, and in great shape.
Thanks, mikefromIllinois! They are so tiny and easy to miss.

250 is a magnet for shallow coins, congrats - Maybe time to invest in a head flashlight, I never leave home without one.
Thanks, Xraywolf! I have one but didn’t think to bring it.

Congrats on a nice find those little buggers can be hard to locate even after you dig them, nice job
Thanks, trapperart! Thank goodness for the pinpointer.

And you found a rose tag....always a letdown when expecting a silver quarter.
Congrats on the 3 center, she's a beauty!
Thanks, BigWaveDave! Yes, the other finds seem like a trivial footnote compared to the 3 center!

What an incredible find!! I can't recall ever seeing one posted in as good of shape as yours. I'm 0 for 25 years looking for one of those beauties- Congrats!!
-- Jeff --
Thanks, JeffInMass! I was blown away by the great condition.

Congrats on a very nice looking 3 Cent piece. Even after all these years of detecting, that one is still on my list.
Thanks, Trezurehunter! I had to leave some dirt on it just to remind me that it came out of the ground.

Beautifully detailed 3 Center.
Congratulations.
Thanks, against the wind! Luckily it was small enough that I didn’t nail it with my digger!

Great score!
Thanks, dts52!

Awesome Trime find, such detail! :occasion14:
Thanks, Professor of Engineering!

And what nice condition on your trime! Congrats. -Lisa & John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back