What's new

A message to all detectorists

deerhuntinghippie

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2015
Messages
290
Reaction score
493
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This problem seems to be on the rise in North Georgia. Feel free to share this to help preserve the hobby.
https://youtu.be/DOX9PIUb8XU

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
I hear you!! Hunted a place two weeks ago and someone had been there before me. Left all the iron on the ground next to his plugs and some still in the hole. Pissed me off because I was next to the road and people could see me and probably blamed me for the mess. I cleaned up what I could. I don't understand people. Great post.[emoji106]

HH, Relic Nut
 
Wow, that's terrible!
 
I'm with you, if you dig it! carry it out!
 
Thanks for the feedback and support folks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
I've been turned down at multiple sites around here with great potential precisely because of crap like that. The land owners were genuinely grateful that I took the time and trouble to actually ask for permission (which is another big problem around here), but had to say "No" due to detectorists who had been given permission and abused it by leaving trash laying around, not filling their holes and generally exhibiting poor manners.

Maybe, just maybe, someone will get the message from your video. Good job, hate it that such messages are needed (they shouldn't be).
 
Looks like you got a bunch of low life diggers in your area. You are right. Permission will be harder and harder to get if you dont respect property. By the looks of things these guys were probably trespassing.
 
A big AMEN, brother! Great video with a message that needs tellin'! The artifact laws in Georgia are already bad enough precisely because of self-centered people ticking off landowners. And those laws could be made worse, God forbid, if folks don't become more considerate of others.
 
A couple other people dig a site I also dig. With permission of course. Where I have been you see a nearly raked, smooth area (woods). I tend to recover the area with some leaf clutter. The other guys half*** cover their holes. I have filled many of them in.
 
Thanks so much for the support everyone. I know one youtube video isn't going to make a huge difference but maybe a few folks will see it and change their ways.
Thanks for all the positive feedback.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
See that on the beaches here all of the time. D-bags.
 
Love the start of the video She is a Cutie !!!

Then the Bad plug we run into the Once --- ok to much We try to teach others by Example if we notice the have no pouch to carry away there trash we mention it to them And most of the time we will See them with a Pouch or a Bag next time We See them

Bad plugs we can Mention on better ways to dig them Most people will Listen And Improve But Not All If you are Looking You Know who we are talking About We told you to Check Out Treasure Net Chug And Red
 
Don't get me started. Besides the iron on every rock or stump some people even hang it from branches in my area! :BangHead:
 
Thanks again everyone for all the feedback and support.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
I'd like to see him beat in the head with his own metal detector. Pure D scum.
 
A lot of these diggers that do stuff like that are midnight bandits who don't have permission and sneak in somewhere in the middle of the night, dig and run. Disgraceful.
 
A fellow hunter asked me why I take a picture of my trash.
It shows the newbie that even guys who have been around awhile, will still dig trash targets. More importantly, if you take a picture of it at the end of the hunt, more than likely, you will dispose of it properly.
 
Having a bad back I only have so many "digs" in me each time out. When I find something like what you found it takes time from me and my day to fill it in and try to make it better. As bad as that is, you know you're going to find more just as bad. Don't let it ruin your day, hang in there, stay strong and keep doing the right thing !
 
I recall detecting a site in upstate NY that was the site of an old park and sidewalk tear-out. A previous person who had detected the site right before me had left massive, unfilled holes all over the place. I walked around the corner, and the unfilled holes went straight up onto the lawn of the U.S. Army Recruitment Center that was next door! I just about turned around and ran, because I did not want to get blamed for that! I plugged a bunch of holes on the lawn before heading back into the wooded area, where I decided to check all the open holes. The joke was on them, as I pulled a rare date 1869 Indian cent right out of the bottom of one of their unfilled craters. Careless detecting sure has its rewards, doesn't it? I hope whoever did it reads this post.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom