A metal detecting discovery Braveheart battle of Falkirk 1298.

GUSS1964

Feb 29, 2008
Our detecting day out back in 2006 / 2007 recovers relics from Longshanks battle camp of 1298 on the Scottish border, We researched the site through the internet the clues led us to an area in Roxburghshire where we obtained permission to search an area with amazing results the artefact's prove that this was the camp of Longshanks. please see picture of the latest knights pendant found see the " Roll battle of Falkirk " search the internet. see our video on youtube. search " Braveheart metal detecting "

ps, The pendant is of marmaduke de thweng with Longshanks at Falkirk 1298.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Attachments

• Picture 871.jpg
    Picture 871.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,429

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Fantastic!

Thanks for sharing - this vid is a must see!

By the way - you guys were driving on the wrong side of the road. :-*

OP
OP
G

GUSS1964

Feb 29, 2008
Yes we are over taking the red car in a hurry to get on site, as luck has it, we got there in one piece.
Best regards.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
GUSS1964 said:
Yes we are over taking the red car in a hurry to get on site, as luck has it, we got there in one piece.
Best regards.

I was just playing... because we drive on the other side of the road... :) I think you should have been driving FASTER though!

freeze12

Jul 29, 2004
Buffalo,NY
Detector(s) used
*Ground Hawk*--*Minelab Quattro*--*Tesoro Tejon*
Fantastic video and I must say the same regarding the research You all did,congratulations on the on the fine finds :thumbsup:

Soverign#48

Jan 7, 2006
Saucier Mississippi
DUDE,
YOU GUY'S ROCK !!!!!
I can never look at another seated dime and feel in awe again. I would give my left and right TESTICLE TO DETECT EUROPE AGAIN. I only had the opportunity to detect Germany for a short time and was blessed to find some Roman Relics. I hope you got to keep the Relics or at least had them donated to a worthy Museum for all too enjoy! What are the antequity laws in Scotland?

Eddie U :)

OP
OP
G

GUSS1964

Feb 29, 2008
Soverign#48 said:
DUDE,
YOU GUY'S ROCK !!!!!
I can never look at another seated dime and feel in awe again. I would give my left and right TESTICLE TO DETECT EUROPE AGAIN. I only had the opportunity to detect Germany for a short time and was blessed to find some Roman Relics. I hope you got to keep the Relics or at least had them donated to a worthy Museum for all too enjoy! What are the antequity laws in Scotland?

Eddie U :)
The camp of Longshanks was just outside the Scottish border near Wark on the river Tweed he advanced from his camp into Scotland items have been recorded. new finds have yet to be recorded. If you ever visit these parts you would be most welcome to search with us that goes for any of you guys on this forum.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great video a credit to you for showing the importance of your finds :thumbsup:

HollandsBrook

Jun 27, 2008
Scotch Plains, NJ
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nicely done and elegant video gentlemen. well done indeed. i've been through that area once before. maybe next time ill remember to bring my detector with me! ;D

Mr_Mojo_Risin

Apr 29, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Thank you for sharing your incredible, historic finds. You're preserving history and making it possible for EVERYONE to enjoy relics lost and forgotten so long ago. We're looking forward to more posts from you.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has to be the best video I've seen on here! Thanks to GUSS for posting it! ~And if you haven't seen it, take a minute to watch and listen! 8)

Nana :)

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Simply AMAZING FINDS!!!!
HH!
Baggins

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
Wow Great finds, I wish we had history like that here. Looks like plenty of wide open spaces to hunt too, One of these days I'll get that way, my great grandparents came over from Scotland when they were teenagers but i've never been there.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
AWESOME video and finds, I noticed that both vids are the same. That would never happen over here, the AR-KEEL-HAUL-ogists, would never let us dig our own targets, they get flagged, then tell us to get out of their way!............NGE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread