A Mid week swing 😎 xx

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Today we took my little seal into the FLO, as it’s classed as treasure, so we had a few hours to kill after so went swinging.

Himself took himself off to his “Roman Corner’ he found another 5. I went to the top end of this field which has in the past been quiet, but luck was smiling on me and I found 2 hammered, and this lovely chunky piece of pot 😆 xx

Got a lovely complete crotal bell, complete with its ringer, 2 musket balls, 2 lead weights, some bits, part of a patterned plate (bell metal) and lead disk and some buttons, 1 yet to be I’ded hammered, 1 Elizabeth 1st, and a pre dec think 1903.

Edit. Hammered Ids…
Elizabeth 1st half groat mint mark A 1582-4 and Edward 1st 1272-1307. Possibly a penny ..🤔

Very lucky with the weather today, frosty but sunny, heavy rain forecast for the weekend, so doubt we will get out 😞 xx

Usual scenic pics, the wall is the old wall surrounding the old deer park, beyond the wall is the racecourse field…!

IMG_0240.jpeg
IMG_0243.jpeg
IMG_0244.jpeg
IMG_0245.jpeg
IMG_0246.jpeg
IMG_0247.jpeg
IMG_0248.jpeg
IMG_0249.jpeg
IMG_0241.jpeg
IMG_0238.jpeg
IMG_0239.jpeg
IMG_0229.jpeg
IMG_0228.jpeg
IMG_0231.jpeg
IMG_0234.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 32

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well that's a smashing little swing you had, congrats on the day.
The Lizzie Half Groat is a sweet one, and even the Edward is certainly commendable.:headbang:
A big :hello2: to himself on another 5, they must of sprouted since the last hunt.

About time you got a complete Crotal Bell-was starting to wonder.
I think they're the most special finds-clean the soils out and hear them ring for the first time in centuries.
No other find can even come close to them in my book.

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Well that's a smashing little swing you had, congrats on the day.
The Lizzie Half Groat is a sweet one, and even the Edward is certainly commendable.:headbang:
A big :hello2: to himself on another 5, they must of sprouted since the last hunt.

About time you got a complete Crotal Bell-was starting to wonder.
I think they're the most special finds-clean the soils out and hear them ring for the first time in centuries.
No other find can even come close to them in my book.
Thanks Peps, and agree on the crotals Love em too! xx

Him nd his Romans 🙄 …
The FLO said the last lot we took in, are most likely from habitation rather than a Hoard… but waiting for a definite answer from the British Museum… they will then be added to the PAS database… so doubt we will see them for a while! xx

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I often wonder if there were Roman towns or random structures that once were part of those fields .
It’s truly amazing to see the lost history coming back to life .
Great teamwork and beautiful treasures

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today we took my little seal into the FLO, as it’s classed as treasure, so we had a few hours to kill after so went swinging.

Himself took himself off to his “Roman Corner’ he found another 5. I went to the top end of this field which has in the past been quiet, but luck was smiling on me and I found 2 hammered, and this lovely chunky piece of pot 😆 xx

Got a lovely complete crotal bell, complete with its ringer, 2 musket balls, 2 lead weights, some bits, part of a patterned plate (bell metal) and lead disk and some buttons, 1 yet to be I’ded hammered, 1 Elizabeth 1st, and a pre dec think 1903.

Edit. Hammered Ids…
Elizabeth 1st half groat mint mark A 1582-4 and Edward 1st 1272-1307. Possibly a penny ..🤔

Very lucky with the weather today, frosty but sunny, heavy rain forecast for the weekend, so doubt we will get out 😞 xx

Usual scenic pics, the wall is the old wall surrounding the old deer park, beyond the wall is the racecourse field…!

View attachment 2118898 View attachment 2118899 View attachment 2118900 View attachment 2118901 View attachment 2118902 View attachment 2118903 View attachment 2118904 View attachment 2118905 View attachment 2118906 View attachment 2118907 View attachment 2118908 View attachment 2118909 View attachment 2118910 View attachment 2118911 View attachment 2118912
Outstanding!!! Congrats!!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I often wonder if there were Roman towns or random structures that once were part of those fields .
It’s truly amazing to see the lost history coming back to life .
Great teamwork and beautiful treasures
If we put it into some type of perspective Bill

From Julius Caesar's first landing on the shoreline of England in 55BC to the famous 'Look to your own defences' letter of AD410, the Romans played an important part in British history for over 400 years.

Translate this over to the USA history-From when the Mayflower landed to now is the same amount of time in history.
Kind of humbling when I think about the history that is in Britain soils.

We're kind of 1600 yrs behind them for finds. (minus the native)

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If we put it into some type of perspective Bill

From Julius Caesar's first landing on the shoreline of England in 55BC to the famous 'Look to your own defences' letter of AD410, the Romans played an important part in British history for over 400 years.

Translate this over to the USA history-From when the Mayflower landed to now is the same amount of time in history.
Kind of humbling when I think about the history that is in Britain soils.

We're kind of 1600 yrs behind them for finds. (minus the native)
Pepperj
Thank you for sharing …
Excellent explanation

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions