WHADIFIND
Gold Member
- Joined
- Apr 9, 2012
- Messages
- 12,680
- Reaction score
- 43,404
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- South of the Mason-Dixon Line
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,
Jack Hammer!
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
What's a decent but CHEAP starter metal detector for a child of 8? I know, I know, probably asked and answered a thousand times on here. But, I could use a little help.
Gotta start basic, then, we'll see how to upgrade.
Thanks!
HH!
Gotta start basic, then, we'll see how to upgrade.
Thanks!
HH!

If you are serious about getting your youngster involved in metal detecting, spend a few extra well spent dollars and get him a truly decent machine. Both of you will appreciate it, and he will grow into it. While the Tesoro detectors may look like a toy, they are no joke...believe me. Heck, if someone bought me a $60 BH, I would even wrap it around a tree






