A new cw find for me!

diggervet

Dec 3, 2006
Mechanicsville, Va.
Detector(s) used
Deus XP/Nautilus 2B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NEVER! fill in your hole without thoroughly scanning the excavated dirt! While hunting cold harbor today I found two bullets in the same hole and was pleased to find another target in the dirt. It turned out to be the eagle "C" shown. Pretty cool all by itself but it still has threads or a string still tied on the shank. I've found a few regular eagles but this is my first eagle"C" :icon_thumright:

Attachments

• cwpics90209.jpg
    cwpics90209.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 710
  • cwpics90209 001.jpg
    cwpics90209 001.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 712
  • cwpics90209 002.jpg
    cwpics90209 002.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 709
Upvote 0
Heck yeah ! I have dug alot of buttons but still have yet to find one with thread .

Really neat with that string on it diggervet1! (really neat without the string too, but that string brings it alive!)

What a great site to hunt :icon_thumleft: I am sure there are a ton more of finds in that area. I guess you are hunting private property near the battlefield, correct?

spartacus53 said:
What a great site to hunt :icon_thumleft: I am sure there are a ton more of finds in that area. I guess you are hunting private property near the battlefield, correct?
Absolutely! It is a 17 acre private parcel near the national park.

That is to cool. Whatever you do leave the thread on it. That is amazing.

Very nice button. I haven't seen many "C" buttons posted on TN. Great find, AND with thread attached too. :thumbsup:
Congrats on some nice lead too.
-MM-

Great button and finds !!!!!

Still looking for mine DV.....Good point and Great Button.Big Congrat's on your first :headbang:

Congrats on the good finds! You should talk to some folks and see if and how to preserve the thread....excellent find!

Very nice cuff button. Those little ones can be easily overlooked!

Can you read the back mark?

Neil in West Jersey said:
Very nice cuff button. Those little ones can be easily overlooked!

Can you read the back mark?
I'm a little reluctant to aggressively clean the back because of the thread/string but I may do so in time

Very nice find, and with the thread still attached. WoW :icon_thumright:

The thread adds MUCH to your find. What was the back against that caused the thread to be preserved in such a fashion?
Interesting......for sure, talk to someone who knows how to preserve these kinds of finds. ASK FOR :help:

That's hemp thread, not cotton thread. And that's the reason it survived all these years. You must keep the button in an airtight environment and away from sunlight.

Cool finds!

-Buckles

BuckleBoy said:
That's hemp thread, not cotton thread. And that's the reason it survived all these years. You must keep the button in an airtight environment and away from sunlight.

Cool finds!

-Buckles
Thanks for the tip Buckles, its 6:30 am and I'm going out to try and find another one ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back