A NEW Safari?

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just talked to a friend, and mentioned about just ordering the new EQ 900, of which I really do not need another detector, but...guess I wanted that new detector smell or something, and really do not believe I have enough detecting years left to justify the Manticore, when he said, that he thought he heard on the internet that a new SAFARI was going to come out. WHAT! do not tell me that, said I. I loved my Safari, still have it. A new one? The ONLY thing the older "Discontinued" Safari did not have was a much faster recovery speed. Would anyone know if what he thought he heard is true? I looked everywhere I could think of, but found nothing. If I did, I think I would hold on the 900, and wait for a new model Safari, but as I type this, I'm thinking he was mistaken. Well, I'll always keep the old one, may even load some battery's in it and fire it up sometime, just to compare with the newer ones I have, Still a Great machine overall.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't imagine a new Safari being in the works. They discontinued the old one along with the Etrac. They for sure wouldn't use the same name, as it would be too confusing as to which one you'd be talking about, and people would not buy it thinking it's old tech. The new models of Equinox and Manticore are the wave of Minelab's future.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I highly doubt Minelab will release new Safari.
Just talked to a friend, and mentioned about just ordering the new EQ 900, of which I really do not need another detector, but...guess I wanted that new detector smell or something, and really do not believe I have enough detecting years left to justify the Manticore, when he said, that he thought he heard on the internet that a new SAFARI was going to come out. WHAT! do not tell me that, said I. I loved my Safari, still have it. A new one? The ONLY thing the older "Discontinued" Safari did not have was a much faster recovery speed. Would anyone know if what he thought he heard is true? I looked everywhere I could think of, but found nothing. If I did, I think I would hold on the 900, and wait for a new model Safari, but as I type this, I'm thinking he was mistaken. Well, I'll always keep the old one, may even load some battery's in it and fire it up sometime, just to compare with the newer ones I have, Still a Great machine overall.
I agree with Cudamark, I highly doubt Minelab would put out a new Safari since it was discontinued like the ETrac, it would be a step backwards.

The Safari was FBS which is old technology, Minelab is using Multi-IQ and Multi-IQ+ now, so putting out a "Safari" using Multi-IQ would be very confusing, the old Safari coils would not be compatible, nor the parts.

OP
OP
S

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do agree with you fella's, with three new models out at the same time, it would be overkill. A new CTX 3030?, I would think not as well, it would be more than likely a 2nd Manticore would come out, this time with GPS I would guess. I mean look at the EQ, 600, 700, 800, 900.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Whether this is True or not, I still really like my Old Safari......old fbs technology and all. It still finds relics, and coins, and jewelry on the beach. This is all I need. I just bought an old technology Minelab 8' Pro search coil that I'm looking forward to using on my old technology Safari. HH all.

OP
OP
S

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nagant is right, it was the X-Terra my friend heard about. I did look it up, and really, it made no sense to me in that, sure, you can flip a switch or something and change the Freq. without changing coils, but still staying in a single Freq. I myself would rather buy the EQ 6 or 700. you can switch between different Freq.'s and go to a Multi if you so choose. I still have a X-Terra 70 hanging on the wall, and have 5 coils to go with it. I no longer use it though. I do not understand why Minelab would come out with it, given that the EQ 6, 7, 8 and 900 make it rather obsolete. So, a new version of the Safari did not seem correct, but as devidog said, he still likes his old Safari, I do to. Have not used it in a long time, but won't let it go, a really good detector. As I said, I look at a new Manticor II some day, it will most likely have the GPS etc. as the 3030; with a higher price tag of course, causing the 3030 to be discontinued. I hope the 7 & 900 are what they say, (being a good improvement.) When Garret's AT Pro came out, I bought one, mostly because it was waterproof, then it was the AT Pro and then the AT Gold. I remember a good number of fella's preferred the AT Pro over the newer two. Anyway, with the four? models of the Vanquish, and now the four models of the EQ, and the Manticore that many guys STILL haven't received yet, a NEW X-Terra? without Multi Freq. option. I don't know. MY prediction? The new X-Terra will be short run, the EQ 6 and 800 will fade away, and the CTX 3030 will go in favor of the Manticore II. The line up of the Vanquish? I guess really good entry machines without a large price tag. Good bang for the buck. I'm just saying....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread