Kimbrough
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Jun 18, 2006
- Messages
- 43
- Reaction score
- 2
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Signal Mountain, TN
- Detector(s) used
- ACE 250
- #1
Thread Owner
Hello all, I love this newfound hobby! I've been digging up lots of trash in my yard for a month or so now. I thought I'd post an idea I came up with BEFORE you ever start too use a MD. I found 2 old car speakers and screwed them into a couple of 2x4's. I drug them around the yard and picked up about 10 pound of nails and other assorted trash. Even found a rock attracted to the magnets! Anywho, these were all potential "hits" for my detector that I didn't need to dig. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

) no silver or gold, but there is still plenty of other stuff to bring up. I did find a few knives and all sorts of hooks, lures, and weights (attached to line, attached to lures/hooks). When the magnets sticks to something metal it does feel very much like a fish biting. You get the same rush! Then slowly and carefully bring it in so the magnet does not slide off the object. I do recommend using a somewhat heavy rope and a rope long enough to tie to the hitch on your truck for those very stubborn snags. The 250LB pull magnet can be picked up from harbor freight for around $14.00 and most rope will do. Cheap entertainment with good results! JJ

8)






