What's new

A nice day out at a colonial Foundation

Scrappy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
9,215
Reaction score
14,047
Golden Thread
7
Location
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
7
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Update: possible Woods Hibernia? It looks good;)

I hit a nice seemingly virgin foundation today with EastCoastHunter21. The conditions were atrocious being 34 degrees, 30 knot winds and pouring rain, but some nice signals were there. I believe I found a Connecticut copper, 1787. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459903140.882070.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459902997.598807.webp

An 1838 large cent, another thin crusty cooper, and some Indians including an 1875. Most of the copper was badly Roached...



My favourite find was an decorative orange gilt ornamental. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459903233.395260.webp and an open ended early thimble. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459903256.625933.webp

Some wagon parts and huge reed made up the day.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459905496.718089.webp

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459903302.980014.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459903317.551402.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459903331.224911.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459903340.213655.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459903349.151906.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459903357.624167.webp

Also a shoe buckle with the innards with the leather attached...ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459903474.829022.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459903492.055896.webp

Also a late addition.

Little girls boot heel?

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459936319.000442.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459936328.770807.webp
Anyway, a successful hunt with part of my crew, The Basstards of Bramble. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459903563.473967.webp

Enjoy and Good digs

Steve
 
Last edited:
Upvote 57
Great hunt man! Glad you clobbered that Colonial slump in a huge way. That shoe buckle with leather is amazing man. Found leather in rivets and on horse tack buckles...but that shoe buckle is so much older. Just awesome.
 
That was some hunt is right !!
Love them coppers , like we said we have to clear that place of all the big iron
Then we can hear the deep stuff
 
Nice key! And that mug shot of you too is priceless: wet and cold but happy to be out digging!!
 
Nice pile Scrapster that buckle is cool..But i must say that key is killer:headbang:It's an early one..
They are rare for sure especially at old cellars but that size makes it even better..That was the front door key bet it:thumbsup:
 
I have never seen leather on a colonial buckle before - that's way cool Steve. And several other nice finds too. You guys had a great hunt in spite of the conditions.
 
Think that's probably a Woods Hibernia.
 

Attachments

  • us_woods_hibernia_half_penny.webp
    us_woods_hibernia_half_penny.webp
    24.6 KB · Views: 102
Nice digs Steve!
 
Heck of a hunt man, I believe I would hunt in a hurricane to find a lot of nice stuff like that. wtg. Would be heading back directly.
 
Well done Scrappy. You and Eastcoasthunter21 are on a hot spot. Hope you guys get back under better weather conditions.
Congrats
 
Nice pile Scrapster that buckle is cool..But i must say that key is killer:headbang:It's an early one..
They are rare for sure especially at old cellars but that size makes it even better..That was the front door key bet it:thumbsup:

Thanks Johnny. I think this is an early site. Pre revolutionary according to our records. Possibly ransacked by British troops
 
I have never seen leather on a colonial buckle before - that's way cool Steve. And several other nice finds too. You guys had a great hunt in spite of the conditions.

Thanks for looking Bill. I dug the Innards before the buckle a couple feet away and, upon finding the frame, it clicked. Then it fit right in.
 
Think that's probably a Woods Hibernia.

I took the time because you've called many, many shredded coins correctly, and superimposed. I'll be damned if that bust doesn't line up on 8 points! Dang!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459910033.862916.webp

What do you think?

It ain't as sweet as the find you emailed, but...ok I'd rather yours...lol!
 
Love the key,they are some of my favorite things to find. We used to have a member years ago GypsyHeart who had tons of them strung up on wire,not sure if shes still around.
 
Coppers ...shoe buckle ..that's my kind of hunt...great finds.... congrats
 
Nice finds buddy, hard core wet hunting, cold too I bet? Good work!
 
Amazing stuff Scrappy! Some crazy conditions for hunting but we'd all brave those conditions for finds like that. :laughing7: That's what makes us different from everyone else. We treasure hunters are a strange breed. :tongue3: Best of luck on the return hunt. Sounds like a place like that could produce a lot more. :thumbsup:
 
I took the time because you've called many, many shredded coins correctly, and superimposed. I'll be damned if that bust doesn't line up on 8 points! Dang!

View attachment 1295890

What do you think?

It ain't as sweet as the find you emailed, but...ok I'd rather yours...lol!



Been 15 years and I've never found a Woods Hibernia, so I think my chances are much better at another one of those finds I emailed. Bust facing left. :laughing7:
 
Love the key,they are some of my favorite things to find. We used to have a member years ago GypsyHeart who had tons of them strung up on wire,not sure if shes still around.

Thanks for looking man. That key was huge! I've found probably 8 or 9 at this point and this one edged out another. I wounded how much bigger they came?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom