A nice PM score and a lesson

Jayers

Jun 28, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Just starting out with a BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a yard sale next to where I went to get lunch today. A yard sale on a Monday??? That's like Christmas in July! Most of the stuff was German crockery and pewter, but I spied some flatware and went to the table to check it out. First thing I see is this:

image.jpg

Little forks that say"BSF 90" on them. Thinking this means 90% or coin silver I snatch them up. Next to them is a box with "$2 each" marked on it and I sift through it and find these:

image.jpg

Which are marked with a crescent moon, a crown and "800." I got all nine pieces for $10. The spoons are 80% solid silver and the forks are plated. That's my lesson of the day that 90 doesn't mean solid silver. I think I can flip the forks on ebay for about 10-20, so the 55 grams of silver in the spoons are free!

willis7

Mar 29, 2014
that's an awesome score! I haven't found anything marked 800 yet, I wish I would though! I learned the 90 lesson last month

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! Check the pattern of the forks and you may get well above $10-20. And those spoons should get you at least double that. But research the pattern and maker if you can.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions