What's new

A nice surprise today

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2010
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
74
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stopped at a bank and the teller tells me she has $4 in halves. I say I'll take them, but I'm thinking that it most likely won't produce anything.

As I'm counting out my 4 big dollars I hear *clink* and think "I know that sound". She is putting them up on the counter in piles of 2. I look at the first 2 and see a 1967 on top. *Clink* I see 1969 on top. *Clink* 1967 on top. *Clunk* 198something..

I grab the 4 piles and walk out. I look down and see 6 silvers and 2 clads.

1-1964
1-1966
3-1967
1-1969

2 clad...

I was AMAZED! 6 out of 8 were silver. I was not expecting that at all!
What a nice little surprise for today :headbang:
 
Upvote 0
I would be very happy with that. No heavy boxes to dump. :icon_thumright:
 
wow!!! thats amazing! the most ive ever had were 2 out of $5.00, so u have me beat there!!!!! amazing! keep it up and hh!
 
I'm still giddy like a little kid. I've got about a box of halves in loose rolls so far and I've found 8 40%s. Today I get $4 and I get 5 40s and a 90. It's crazy.

I had a bank order me a box last week and I took 33 rolls that produced one keeper. I'm going back for the rest in a couple of days, but I'm not expecting anything.

I think I like the loose rolls better so far lol.

Although that will all change when I get my first 10+ keeper box.
 
Nice!!! Your finds sure beat my last 5 skunk boxes.
 
It's out there...Ya just gotta look.
rileyboy
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom