What's new

A nice surprise

bill dilly

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2006
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I had some banking to do at my main bank yesterday. The teller that I like to deal with told me that she had some half dollars if I was interested. I told her that I'm always interested. She had 4 rolls. As she was getting those out of the drawer she mentioned that she had some silver dollars and asked if I wanted those too. Figuring that they would just be Ikes I still told her yes, I would take them also. So she reaches into the drawer and starts putting them on the counter. I was partially right, 7 were Ikes. The other three were VERY nice Peace dollars. At this point I'm thinking that since there are old silver dollars in this group maybe the halves are also old. Well, the halves turned out to be a nice mix of 40% Kennedys and 90% Kennedys.
The total for that visit was 15 x 40%, 6 x 90% Kennedys, 7 Ikes, and 3 Peace Dollars (1922, 2 x 1923).
Not bad for a bank that normally doesn't have any halves.
 
Upvote 0
Sweet BD!!! That was a very nice surprise. It is hard to beat getting a silver dollar for $1. Congrats.
 
I've gotten one Morgan dollar that way. A buck for a buck is great. Nice score.
 
Wow!!

Nice score!

I haven't had that kind of luck yet!
 
Any mintmarks on the Peace Dollars?
 
Great finds!! Along with a '70 and a Barber, a silver dollar
would be a pipe dream.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom