What's new

A Nickel Day! Plus a buckle of some sort.

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2008
Messages
1,063
Reaction score
420
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out today for a couple hours after work back at the site where I pulled my barber dime last week. Scored 2 buffalo nickels and a 1943-P war nickel! The buffalos are 1917 and 1923. Also nabbed up 6 wheat cents 1918-1940

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1444254175.896256.webp

I'm not sure on the age of the buckle or what it would have even gone to, it was quite deep though. The four leaf clover pendant is non precious but still a neat find I think. I love the little american flag pin, not because of it's coolness lol but because of how small it was and the at pro still picked it up at some impressive depth!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1444254389.696638.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1444254422.467349.webp

Hope everyone is doing great! Best of luck and happy hunting!
 
Upvote 16
Nice little hunt..ya still got silver!

I'd keep hitting that place...next time I bet you get more 90%.

GL & HH ALL
 
Very nice hunt Colt,, very hard to find a Buffalo with a date and you got 2. Congrats on the silver
 
Congrats on the sweet hunt. :occasion14: I have only pulled 2 buffalos in 16 months and you dug 2 in 1 hunt. Gotta love that. Looks like we have the same taste in relics to keep and display.:thumbsup:
 
im gonna call this the nickel year...ive been having those days alot...but great job man love those OD nickels!
 
Congrats on the sweet hunt. :occasion14: I have only pulled 2 buffalos in 16 months and you dug 2 in 1 hunt. Gotta love that. Looks like we have the same taste in relics to keep and display.:thumbsup:

Thanks! Before yesterday I had only found 1 buffalo! So 2 in a day was really exciting especially to get dates on both. I love lantern parts even though I dig them quite often, I still have each one I've dug lol
 
Nice job on the Buffs and OD nickel
 
The buckle is 20th C, maybe early at best. Not sure on its use but nothing that took a lot of weight or strength.
 
WTG, in two years I've only found 2 Buffs, luckily they had dates too.
 
The buckle is 20th C, maybe early at best. Not sure on its use but nothing that took a lot of weight or strength.

Thank you!
 
That's a great haul.
Nice work.
 
I like finding the older nickels too. I always consider it a good hunt when a buff or V shows up. I would like the clover pin too. My birthday is St Patrick's Day, so I always kind of adopted the 4 leaf clover as my lucky charm.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom