What's new

A old friend gave me this from his dad's collection

Digger70pa

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2012
Messages
737
Reaction score
2,410
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Fisher Teknetics Whites Garret detectors
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A old friend of mine gave me a ax head out of his father's collection. I know it came off of a island in the middle of the Susquehanna river named big bear island. His dad had a cabin there after WW2 til the early 90's. I was just wondering what you guys thought about it? Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • 14927053599703.webp
    14927053599703.webp
    27.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 14927053383501.webp
    14927053383501.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 131
  • 14927053307430.webp
    14927053307430.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 118
Upvote 1
Looks like nice well used grooved axe ... A friend of mine found one close to their and it's the same material.
 
Yep typical Susquehanna axe - really nice. Planning on being in that area this weekend.
 
Be careful with that one. 1 drop on a tile and it looks like it would break by the crack I see.
 
Be careful with that one. 1 drop on a tile and it looks like it would break by the crack I see.

Ok buddy. Thanks for the kind advise. It stays in my cupboard. I get it out once and a while to admire it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom