TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As some of you have noticed, I haven't been posting much, compared to past years. I've been having some non-lifethreatening health issues. Also, I've been seriously hampered by a prescription medication side-effect... EXTREME fatigue and drowsiness. Some days, I just don't have any energy for posting. When I do, it's usually just enough energy for one or two short answers.

I'm slowly getting better, and I hope to eventually return to full productivity.

Also, for the past several months I've been having trouble accessing my incoming T-Net Private Messages. I get Notifications they are "there," but I can't open them. Apologies to anybody who sent me a PM and got no response. I'm going to get some computer assistance to figure out the problem.

Regards,
TheCannonballGuy

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get well soon I’ve been accumulating more shards and information on the cannon piece I found last year.I may need your help proving AARC (aka devils advocate)wrong on it being a Cannon.

Upvote 0

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pete,
Prayers for a speedy recovery and feeling like your old self!

:)
Breezie

Upvote 0

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Good to read this Pete, I was concerned about you and I'm glad to see that you are doing better. Stay strong. Donnie Vaughn.

Upvote 0

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you get well soon! I appreciate your expertise here.

Steve

Upvote 0

N.O. noir et d'or

Dec 9, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
White's Dfx 300, Fisher CZ20, Garrett ATX, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hope you are well on your way to recovery CBG! As you can see, we all think the world of you and miss you very much!

Upvote 0

Tizzy

Jul 8, 2017
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back!!! You be full force soon enough, get your rest!!

Upvote 0

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello CannonBallGuy,
My last couple of years while in Tnet I have found you to be such a help to so many with your specific and accurate detailed information about so many items. I was specifically waiting for your response to my bullet post...but after reading your post here, I certainly understand why and knowing about a bullet , though interesting, is not important in the scheme of life. I pray for your well being as when one’s health is impaired, really getting well and feeling well takes a lot of rest and care. Please know that there are many who miss you and care about you without ever “meeting”. All the best to you and your family.

Upvote 0

Sassie

Dec 16, 2020
San Leon, TX
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope this message finds you in good spirits, feeling energetic, and in good health. I've had this "cannonball" for a few years now, so waiting won't be a problem. I'm sure you can tell already I'm a new member, so hopefully I'll be able to upload/post my images and ask the correct questions. O, one more thing. I will put the word cannonball in quotes just for the sake of time and all that. However, I am confident what I have is authentic, what I really need help with is from what era, what type, and all the other relevant information. So here it goes. I unfortunately can't find the image of the hole where I found the "cannonball", when I do, I will add it. I found it when I lived on 6th St. In San Leon, TX, 25 miles north of Galveston, TX and a .1 of a mile from the Galveston ship channel. Our back deck had to be torn down due to a hurricane that lifted it and the house and moved it several feet. The house was built in the early 1830's. However, I don't believe the deck was built at the same time. Once the deck was removed, part of the "cannonball" was exposed and I removed it. It was of course, covered in rust. So, my husband and I set about finding a way to restore it without damaging it. We quickly came across a process known as electrolysis. We set it up and in less that 24 hours we had a clean, rust free, no scratches,, no gouges, etc. cast iron sphere. So, I set out to the research and found out the the weight and size matched, what I thought at the time, a six pounder. Recently, however, due to the fact that the outside was not smooth, I believe that it is an 8 inch solid iron balls used in stands of grape. I still have not been able to confirm with an image is my only concern. Its measurements are:

Weight: 6.128 lbs

Diameter: 3.60 inches

Circumference: 8 inches

So, any help is appreciated.

Thnx
Sassie
20201217_014552.jpg 20201215_234653.jpg 20201217_014406.jpg

Upvote 0

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We have so much respect for you you’ll never know. Merry Christmas to you and yours and 2021 will be a much better year for you and your health because I’m saying a prayer for you right now. God listens to my prayers [emoji1317]

Upvote 0

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope things get better for you soon. The years I've been part of this community I've seen you be very helpful and post some awesome stuff. I'm most certain the community understands and really appreciates all you posts and have done. Take your time feeling better and looking forward to when you are better and are able to post more and be active again.

Upvote 0

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pete,
I'm glad you're feeling better, and hopefully you'll be 'fine as frog hairs' soon.
Take care,
Southern Smiles :)
Breezie

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread