Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
STOP CREATING CENT VS. PENNY THREADS!

Let us all agree to an undisputable fact that 1/100 of a dollar is numismatically known as a cent. There is no doubt about that. We will then end all the attacks on people, which is detrimental to the forum and creates unnecessary hate between members.

I am not saying no posts, but I encourage not creating threads.

Upvote 0

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
dawg as long as we know what we all mean by 'penny' or 'cent' what does it matter what peeps call them?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sag,
I am sure you won't want to hear this as much as I don't want to post this...
You were one of the people who started this entire debate...
Please don't take this post as "talking down" on other members at all, it is not meant that way, but you did kinda start this debate to nowehre.
hh
buff

HavokSouls

Dec 1, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesero Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its all pointless BS as long as we no what everyone is speaking of.. And we do

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has there EVER been a post denying the fact that the scientific/proper name is a cent? Not that I am aware of! Seems most of the posts say in effect that penny is the common name and is what mst are accustomed to using.

You were 1 of the posters that begin this, when you let it go it will die

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No need for a petition since it would not be valid, TreasureNet forums are not ran by petitions......

Anyone that is attacked or corrected for the way they speak including what they call coins please report it to a mod............

This arguement is over, call it a penny, call it a cent, call it what you want to call it, just do not correct someone else for what they call it......

Rushfan

Aug 18, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Other
Sag... I call them cents. But, I also say "penny" (GASP!) on occassion, since it is in such common usage. I also refer to facial tissues as "Kleenex", adhesive bandages as "Band-Aids"; I "Xerox" pages on a Canon copier, I ask for Chapstick instead of lip balm; I'll encourage friends to a game of Frisbee, regardless of the type of flying disc. I play ping pong and not table tennis. I refer to all hook and loop closure as Velcro. I sometimes clean my ears with Q-tips, although they may be a different brand of cotton swab. I refer to white correction fluid as "Wite Out." In England, they Hoover the carpet, as opposed to vacuuming.

"Cent for your thoughts?" and being a "cent pincher" just does not have the same ring... xoxo

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No need for a petition since it would not be valid, TreasureNet forums are not ran by petitions......

Anyone that is attacked or corrected for the way they speak including what they call coins please report it to a mod............

This arguement is over, call it a penny, call it a cent, call it what you want to call it, just do not correct someone else for what they call it......

BOOM BAY_BAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YEAH!!!!

LoL,Sorry,couldnt help it!! I agree that this entire arguement is pointless!

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMHO, Sag has generally used a helpful; educational; and, most importantly, a humble tone in discussing the distinction in terms. Other members (on both sides of the issue) have employed the superior, somewhat belittling, and argumentative tones. I'm of the opinion that it is petty and pointless to make an issue of it when the context doesn't need a distinction to be made, but if it is done in a courteous, non-repetitive way, no harm done. It's just an opinion and, as we all know, TNet is not ruled by opinions.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
you got my vote, standardization is the way to go, imagine goin to a gas station and paying for liters of gasoline one day and gallons the next, this is what roosevelt would call a "square deal".

Curtis James Jackson III

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you got my vote, standardization is the way to go, imagine goin to a gas station and paying for liters of gasoline one day and gallons the next, this is what roosevelt would call a "square deal".

Curtis James Jackson III

to quote a certain Pirate, your logic is completely insane. penny and cent ARE THE SAME THING a gallon and liter are NOT.

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
All I have to say is

I AM OVER ALL THIS PENNY / CENT TALK!

Now to our regularly scheduled programming! HH!

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011

I think he meant "a petition" in the sense of "a plea", but I don't want to get in the whole calling it a petition instead of a plea debate...

Oh, and argument is spelled...

*ducks*

:laughing7:

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Curtis James Jackson III

Do you mean petrol? :)
j/k

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread