A Phase 2 hunt to clean up the "pennies" with my Simplex+

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How many pennies can YOU find in a short hunt? After finding the majority of "quarters & dimes" in Phase One - in a very small park in SW Georgia - It was time to "clean up" pennies next, in Phase 2. And actually I was surprised to find a total of 75 coins for a $ total of $2.61. Found 4-quarters, 10-dimes and 61-pennies and one of the "cents" was a 1942 wheat cent (the year I was born). There will be a Phase 3 for hunting nickels & GOLD. But I will expect to find a lot of trash to include "flip tops & pull tabs" and will take a lot of time digging.

Good Luck & HH everyone.....BILL

P1010166.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 8

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may have to drive up there and give that park a look-see.. . . . . . . . . . :coffee2:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You ever think of how much change is in the ground gotta be trillians theres a big park here I can dig a coin every swing . Bet theres hundreds more in there keep em coming. Tommy

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Trillions? At least. Has anyone figured out how much coinage the mints have made? Now that would be an interesting number.

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice!!!! How you like the Simplex!?

Hey, Adam - I see YOU just joined TreasureNet today, so WELCOME my friend, to a great "source" using this site for information, tips & just the FUN of enjoying this great hobby of "metal detecting", that many people call "treasure hunting". I see at this point YOU have already made 3 comments and that is the best way to learn & enjoy this site. I also see YOU are from NKY (northern Kentucky) and have already made contact with others from that area as well. GOOD - and to answer your question:

I just received the Simplex+ at the end of December and am still learning it - but it is a very good "turn on & GO" machine as advertised. For the price point and "above average features" - I have to say I am very impressed & as you can see I been doing this since 1971 and was even a metal detector Dealer from 1977-1987 but now retired, and sold most major brands at that time including White's etc. - When it comes to depth, reaction time, separation and ease of operation I would give the Simplex+ top marks - AND the overall construction & features of this machine is outstanding in my opinion for the price. There are a lot of great videos on YouTube about it and several comments on here - But remember this machine was only introduced to the public just last fall - so is very new. GOOD LUCK & Happy Hunting.....BILL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread