What's new

A PIECE of The Lady

Frankn

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2010
Messages
8,779
Reaction score
2,989
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I found this copper "coin" from Sears. I think it is made from a part of the Statue Of Liberty. It is stamped " made with authentic material". It is dated 1886 to1986. I remember reading about repairs to the lady liberty. Any one have any info on this? Frank
 

Attachments

  • coins_0007 H Sears.webp
    coins_0007 H Sears.webp
    41.1 KB · Views: 420
  • coins_0008 T Sears_edited-1.webp
    coins_0008 T Sears_edited-1.webp
    45 KB · Views: 434
Good call DON, I found it between the walk and curb in a grass strip that was being repaired. People sit here to watch the 4th of July parade. Frank
 
That's a cool coin. Congratulations! Frank.
 
Frankn said:
I remember reading about repairs to the lady liberty. Any one have any info on this? Frank

Having lived in NYC and now a neighbor, I know the answer to this.

It was not quite repairs per se, rather it was augmentation.. She has new implants :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom