What's new

A point from my departed friend

monsterrack

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2013
Messages
4,429
Reaction score
5,831
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I would post a photo of this Scottsbluff type 2 found in S.W. Ar. close to the Tx. and Ok. line by J. Simms in 1973 it's 4 1/2in's long. I'll post others as I can. Scottsbluff.webp It was a creek find as you can see the broken ear and a few bites taken out of it, and I'm not sure of the stone type.
 
Upvote 0
A special point to remember your buddy by.Do type 2's usually have ears like that? Would it have been resharpened?
 
A special point to remember your buddy by.Do type 2's usually have ears like that? Would it have been resharpened?

From what I know some do and some don't, and it was resharpened some so that may account for the ears.
 
That's a mighty fine looking Archaic point!
 
Beautiful piece!
Hh
dts
 
Now thats a looker for sure! I have a real nice point a friend gave me to that I will always cherish.
 
Thats a beauty, I also have a point given to me by a departed friend and every time i look at it I remember him i bet you do the same. Thanks for sharing it.
 
Atlatl love right there
 
That thing is sweet. Couldn't ask for a better gift to remember him by.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom