A question

CHUDs

Feb 13, 2014
Santa Cruz, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, I?m looking to purchase some of the African neolithic points you see on eBay, for my friends for a gathering. No one else looks for artifacts but they all know me and would appreciate the small gift. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a good vendor? Many of the points look like tourist pieces you?d see here in the states. I?m looking for about 15 points and am willing to spend up to $150. Alternatively, if anyone is willing to sell a few decent points, I?d be interested. Thanks for your time!

Upvote 0

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey friend. I see you've been here a while but if this is about African neolithic points then it's in the wrong forum. Your post will get more exposure in the correct forum [moderator, admin].

OP
OP
CHUDs

CHUDs

Feb 13, 2014
Santa Cruz, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya Tdog but this is a far more active sub with extremely knowledgeable individuals. I also seem to recall that there was some discussion of the very type I?m looking for here some time back. I?d also be interested in NA artifacts if anyone had some they?d be willing to part with. Thanks for your time!

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
Gilbert Cooper is one of the bigger suppliers of them, and still sells them on ebay. I'd contact him and see if he'd sell you 15 nice ones for your price.

I just looked on eBay, and wow prices have really gone up on those.

If they don't have to be African Neolithic you could probably get some decent US points for the same price from one of Bennett's auctions on proxibid.

https://www.proxibid.com/Art-Antiqu...-some-damage/lotInformation/61560727#topoflot

This lot sold for $70, so well under $100 with buyers premium and shipping for what I think are nicer points.

Attachments

• 40DD69EA-EE84-4C04-81B8-2F6E47013A79.jpeg
    40DD69EA-EE84-4C04-81B8-2F6E47013A79.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 52
OP
OP
CHUDs

CHUDs

Feb 13, 2014
Santa Cruz, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great information joshuaream! This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

OP
OP
CHUDs

CHUDs

Feb 13, 2014
Santa Cruz, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So maybe that wasn?t a great thing for me to know about....I bought some cool things but definitely spent more than I intended! Ha!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions