What's new

A quick neighborhood hunt brought me a couple goodies

golden silver

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
2,771
Reaction score
121
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Went for a quickie and picked up a couple small silvers. A 1948 d rosie and a 1962 d rosie plus 3 Ike dollars which I will most likely give as tips or something. Yeah that is right Golden Silver is now hunting dimes!!! Watch out Treasure Fiend!!! I am thinking I will start doing all denominations but mostly still halves. At the end of my road trips I sometimes have a few hundred bucks in my pocket after hitting every bank on my list but never get anything with it. I think I will just use it for dimes or nickels etc. What do you all think??

-Golden Silver
 

Attachments

  • coin.webp
    coin.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 328
  • coin1.webp
    coin1.webp
    25.4 KB · Views: 313
  • coin2.webp
    coin2.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 316
Upvote 0
i am going to get me some dime boxes for the weekend....maybe they will give me my silver fix. hey congrates on your finds... :thumbsup:
 
did 2 dime boxes for lunch....1 was a skunk the other had a 1957
 
Crap, ???

Me and my big mouth.... :icon_scratch:

Keep @ it and HH!! :D ;D
 
golden silver said:
Went for a quickie and picked up a couple small silvers. A 1948 d rosie and a 1962 d rosie plus 3 Ike dollars which I will most likely give as tips or something. Yeah that is right Golden Silver is now hunting dimes!!! Watch out Treasure Fiend!!! I am thinking I will start doing all denominations but mostly still halves. At the end of my road trips I sometimes have a few hundred bucks in my pocket after hitting every bank on my list but never get anything with it. I think I will just use it for dimes or nickels etc. What do you all think??

-Golden Silver
GC, dimes have been a little slow for me in '09. I have searched almost $5k this month, and have averaged 1 per/$140....which equals about 7 - 90% halves per 10 boxes of halves, (good or bad?). But yet, dimes are always consistent in the search for silver! FFD
 
I always ask for half dollars and if they do not have any I ask them for $100 or $200 in dimes.
The look on their face is priceless :o and, I almost always wind up with a silver rosie or two :thumbsup:
I search hundreds of dollars a week in dimes
gl :)
dan
 
Very good, sadly my dime boxes arn't producing very good at this time but I will keep plugging away at them!!!! :icon_pirat:
 
If I'm on the road and they have no halves I'll ask for hand rolls of dimes. I can search these while driving to the next stop and will occasionally hit a stash or two. This has been especially reliable for the out of the way locations where I can usually round up at least $100 in hand rolls per location. And if it is really bad for halves I've ended up with $600 in hand rolls to search. Since I only edge search these I can fly through them and usually pull a few. I'm down to 15 needed to complete the silver roosevelt collection. My goal is to complete it by years end - not sure if anyone else here has done it from CRH and the last few will be tough.

Maine_Jim
 
Yeah GS , drop the hammer on some dimes they will help with that silver fever ;D and I am sure that you will find a cache of them too, Ed
 
To much work for me to go to other denominations but good luck.

I see many of you doin the wheat cents. What is the reason for that?

Darth Walker
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom