What's new

A quick return

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2010
Messages
1,259
Reaction score
1,209
Golden Thread
1
Location
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday afternoon I got a phone call from my favorite dive shop owner. She said "I have a very sad man in front of me, you know the rest of the story." I asked if it was lost in the water or sand and she said water. I told her I'd be there in 20 minutes.

I get there and the fellow is Brazilian and doesn't speak a lick of English and I don't speak Spanish. Through a translator I get a description and the general area where he lost it.

We walk down the beach to where he lost it and I wade into the water and within 5 minutes he's got his ring back. He's excited, the wife is excited and a few people on the beach start clapping. Life is good. Oh by the way, they got married on 9 Nov, 2013.

I told him I wanted a "photo" through sign language and pointed to the dive shop and started in that direction. Once we got back to the shop he could only say "How much, how much?"

I could barley get a picture of the ring on his finger because his hand was shaking so much. It was an 18K band, unknown weight.


Thanks for looking and good luck out there!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0460.webp
    IMG_0460.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_0461.webp
    IMG_0461.webp
    12.3 KB · Views: 240
Upvote 0
Great save! Looks a little loose on his finger though. Hopefully he doesn't lose it again
 
Great story, Tnt-K9!

Congratulations on finding that ring and returning it to its elated owner!

HH

Lorraine
 
Your returns are legendary! What a nice ring.
 
Good for you:thumbsup: this is what it's all about
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom