A rain revealed button- Sicillum Reipublicae Conneticutensis ?

staceyanne

Greenie
Jun 21, 2013
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone!!! Im a long time stalker of Tnet- but I’ve been so busy I haven’t had time to do much but read about all your amazing finds as I’m falling asleep after long days at work! But I’m so excited about this button, I had to share!!! I live in an area of Florida that is very old, settled by the Spanish in the late 1500s, and I’ve been working on my house. Recently I got a new roof put on and the rain has been bringing up all kinds of treasures in the drip line off the eaves! l’ve found a couple coins, mostly pottery and now a fun old button! Can anyone help me with how old it is? Or what it means? It’s a little bigger than a penny, kinda shiny with some gilding still on it. The area was a civil war hot zone as well as being a pretty intense war zone for the Spanish and French.

I’m attaching pictures! I was pulling weeds and it was just sitting right there on top of the ground! I’m eXStATiC! Now I need to go buy a metal detector!

How do I take care of it/clean it? I don’t want to mess it up! It says Sicillum Reipublicae Conneticutensis?

9BBB7191-AAC1-4E1A-B562-19B89B40BA4E.jpeg05C9FE31-057E-4632-A00D-8C1B5DEF7343.jpegD6A4B0D9-2DDB-410A-A65A-DED0F5F63842.jpegD6A4B0D9-2DDB-410A-A65A-DED0F5F63842.jpegBE3AFD85-35D4-4915-9CC5-C3BC8B828AD2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 7
Staceyanne, welcome to TNet. While I am not a button, there are many on the board who are and should be able to I’d your button. There are also folks here who can advise you on a detector purchase if you do end up buying a metal detector. Again welcome to the board. Good luck with your hunts. Walt

Thanks for posting it great find

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the nice "eye" find. Good Luck on your new detector purchase...:icon_thumleft:

Thanks so much Doc! This one has the star so it’s 1850s! So cool!!!! :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back