A Real Neat Button

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was able to get out for about an hour tonight, and really didn't find too much. Did pick up some clad, but the piece that really made the hunt worth while, was a neat, silver button that I pulled out at a depth of 3 inches. When I first saw it, I thought that it was silver, but it's not. What really in nice, is the design on the button. It is a solid silver color, but when I tried to take pictures, it kept filling in some of the areas with a black filling. I've added two different photos of the front of the button, and one of the reverse. It is a sew on button. My question is this: Around the harp in the center it says "Fifth Royal Irish". I looked 'em up on the net, and they were a highly decorated Irish unit. My question is, is this a uniform button, or is it just a knock off that retailors used to sell their garments? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and HH.

Attachments

• Fifth Royal Irish.jpg
    Fifth Royal Irish.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 307
  • Fifth Royal Irish 1.jpg
    Fifth Royal Irish 1.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 302
  • Fifth Royal Irish 6.jpg
    Fifth Royal Irish 6.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 310
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know either, but that's a nice button, Neb. Congrats!

Nana :)

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As stated the loop is modern. It doesn't look right for a military button & I'm going with the modern blazer type button.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread