🔎 UNIDENTIFIED A red Diamond incased in clear diamond. I need another confirmation

meh11

Mar 19, 2022
IMG_20220213_172701.jpg

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A red Diamond incased in clear diamond. I need another confirmation...

Really? A fuzzy pic of a black stone, no explanation as to how you found this, or where (just a country would be fine).

All I can see is a fuzzy pic of a black rock...I'm sorry, but I can't confirm anything.

Please tell us more, and also, why you believe this to be a diamond?

Upvote 5

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please read and follow our rules of the forum.

IMPORTANT!

When posting in "What Is It?", please give members the information they need to help identify your find:

1. Post sharp closeup photos of both the front and the back.

2. State the actual size of the item. Also, if possible, put something with it in the photo for scale: a common U.S. coin, a ruler, etc.

3. If there are any inscriptions which cannot be easily read in the photos, type them in full in your post.

4. If there are maker's marks, numbers, symbols, or other marks on the back which are not easily seen in the photo, post a closeup or a drawing of them.

5. Indicate the composition of the item. For example: "thin brass, filled with lead on the back."

• Do not deliberately withhold any information just to "have fun" seeing if members can guess correctly.

• Once your item has been identified, don't forget to mark it "Solved."

• Finally, if someone identifies your item or provides other helpful information, take time to post your appreciation— and maybe send a PM to say, "Thanks!" too.

Upvote 3

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me welcome you to Tnet. It looks like you just took a rough initiation. Please take the advise that was given you as a tool to help you and stay with us.
That is for sure not a diamond. A couple of folks mentioned a garnet and from shape and color it likely is. But hard to tell from your picture. Look at some of the better postings on pictures, details, and measurements. Thanks for joining.

Last edited:
Upvote 5

Rothman

Jun 30, 2015
SW Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Garrett Infinium LS, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's definitely a red diamond. You can tell because of the way that it is. Dead give-away lol!

Upvote 1

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
meh11, do not be discouraged, all of us have learned as we went along. Good advice from Traveller77. Your already on your way.

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread