May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We returned to the Galba field in the morning just to grid for an hour to prove what we thought. We covered lots of area as there was near nothing to dig, other than 2 buttons. We then spent about an 1 hour next door & got 2 scrappies & 1 broken 1st AD Brooch.
After lunch we did 3 hours to finish off the Saxon Site with only 1 good find. We were hoping for 1 last hammered, but after our last hunt I joked about a skunking...lol

2 Scrappies
Livery Button
Lead Cloth Seal
Geo IV Farthing
I field IDed (for Dads GPS record) the Trade Weight, as a Henry VIII (it is) & the first 'mark I' in the series of UK weights. Its actually a 'mark II' after the Henry VII types, which I have 1 of.(forgot I had it) But this is my first Crown over h, from 1500-50. So a slow day but this one saved it. 6.5g

PS. For those that think I don't give up until I get a positive ID, they are right, I want to know what everything I find is & Tnet expands that further by letting me into other Countries finds. I would not have the knowledge I currently own, if I just except the first answer or never ask questions. Its part of my pathology that I use to my advantage. Get out there & research, its fun.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    167.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    229 KB · Views: 60
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Upvote 11
You never know what turns up, so this day was a good one. Being out in the field yields more finds than sitting on the couch. :icon_thumleft:

I don't comment much on your post if at all Cru. You no doubt carry some weight here on Tnet with your location. Cool finds, good game on glens post. You have my respect.

...I got married to the widow next door
She's been married seven times before....

Awesome find with the weight Cru. You're so good you need your own song.

...second verse same as the first...

Cheers

...I got married to the widow next door
She's been married seven times before....

Awesome find with the weight Cru. You're so good you need your own song.

...second verse same as the first...

Cheers

Christian Bale sings " Empire of the Sun".

Great saves man!

CRUSADER THE DIRT RAIDER , I SEE YOU GOT ONCE AGAIN , A BUNCH OF NICE FINDS .

love reading your post and seeong the history you share with us

het cru....u mean more to us than u know.you are indeed an epic,skilled and interesting hunter !!!

After the stonker there's a little stinker for hunts Cru. The trade weights are an interesting find as there is such a wide range of them, and it kind of surprises me that so many were lost as they were the basis of testing the true weights. Is that a part of a fibula in the first photo?

Crusader, "Knowledge is indeed MONEY".....Joe McDonough

Maybe, I need to collect before opening my mouth or writing on her....lol I am pretty skint right now.

After the stonker there's a little stinker for hunts Cru. The trade weights are an interesting find as there is such a wide range of them, and it kind of surprises me that so many were lost as they were the basis of testing the true weights. Is that a part of a fibula in the first photo?

Yes, the top of a Rosette type fibula.

You never know what turns up, so this day was a good one. Being out in the field yields more finds than sitting on the couch. :icon_thumleft:

I don't think I've every been good at sitting still, ask my Mum.

2 Scrappies added to top.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back