A silver and snake saturday.

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Girlfriend got her pinpointer in yesterday so we all went out. Finally have mine back on "co-hunts". She found her first good find on Wednesday which was a Sterling ring. Here are my finds for the day, hit a 52 Rosie, a wheat, and a 40 Washington all in a row then it started raining hard.

The box turtle and copperhead

2018040795120642.jpg
Screenshot_20180407-144818.png

Can you see the dime?
20180407_131301.jpg

Super happy to see that shiny rim when I was prying up with my digger. Only an inch down.

20180407_133201.jpg

All the finds plus a bottle that says federal law prohibits the sale or re-use of this bottle. Made by Ball.

20180407_151608.jpg

Girlfriends first find from Wednesday

20180405_174724.jpg

And my last week's finds..half were with my Atpro and half were with my Nox600....each got a silver dime.
It was the 600s maiden voyage. Also a small snake.

20180330_144847.jpg

20180326_165224.jpg

Upvote 11

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
nice finds your nuts to be holding that snake

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm guessing you are experienced at handling poisonous snakes. If not you should consider yourself lucky.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
great finds for both of you. I would always use my knife to open the jaws of a live one (copperhead or rattlesnakes) and show whoever was there their fangs. would usually get a few drops of venom to show them what it looked like too. its all about respecting the hardware. usually pinned their head with a stick and picked them up. had one crap on my once, very very nasty.

OP
OP
Vhoov

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guessing you are experienced at handling poisonous snakes. If not you should consider yourself lucky.
Most call me stupid, but yeah I wanted to be a herpetologist growing up.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my youth I would love chasing folks around with a snake. But there is no good use for that kind of snake around kids and dogs.........with that said, was hoping for a picture of the snake, I mean ......

OP
OP
Vhoov

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds for both of you. I would always use my knife to open the jaws of a live one (copperhead or rattlesnakes) and show whoever was there their fangs. would usually get a few drops of venom to show them what it looked like too. its all about respecting the hardware. usually pinned their head with a stick and picked them up. had one crap on my once, very very nasty.
Nice to hear, I try to take the time to educate my kids about wildlife when we come across it. I did use a stick I broke off as well. Didn't get any pics of the fangs but I did show them the fangs with using a twig. Thanks

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats to all on a great bunch of finds (excluding the snakes!)..

-- Jeff --

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice to hear, I try to take the time to educate my kids about wildlife when we come across it. I did use a stick I broke off as well. Didn't get any pics of the fangs but I did show them the fangs with using a twig. Thanks

when you live in the country and you have snakes everywhere, the smaller kids need to know that certain snakes are bad and why so. kids in the country tend to suddenly show up with a snake that they just found in their hands. of course there are several non poisonous kinds but we do have five or six that are poisonous. I about busted my head one day while under a boat when my 4 year old grandson excitedly yelled that he had caught a snake. turned out to be a common ringneck. I chewed him out.

NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We used to call the smaller type that you dug up "worm snakes". I don't know if that's their real name or not. Quite musky when handled if I recall correctly. Nice snags on the silvers.

OP
OP
Vhoov

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We used to call the smaller type that you dug up "worm snakes". I don't know if that's their real name or not. Quite musky when handled if I recall correctly. Nice snags on the silvers.
That's funny, I thought it was a worm..thanks

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You did very well, congratulations!

Cool nature lesson too! :icon_thumleft:

Mkriegs

Sep 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see folks interacting with wildlife. However, I would highly suggest leaving Venomous snakes alone. They are an important part of our ecosystem but should be respected from a distance. Copperhead bites are no joke and require a hospital visit.

OP
OP
Vhoov

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see folks interacting with wildlife. However, I would highly suggest leaving Venomous snakes alone. They are an important part of our ecosystem but should be respected from a distance. Copperhead bites are no joke and require a hospital visit.
I was waiting for one of those suggestions, last copperhead I caught I moved it off the road. Thanks for the input.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread