A silver baby ring today

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hunting a great place in its final days. Got a little squeak and thought it was something deep- but not so.
A union camp was here and 1960 Military housing so anything is possible. Have found a flying eagle 1858 and cw bullet too. A silver baby ring maybe. 20210501_165653.jpg 20210501_165653.jpg

Upvote 20

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice recovery on the ring. Congrats
It's hard to tell how big it actually is, but the thought came to mind having 3 stones it might be a small family ring.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on your ring find alabama. :thumbsup:
Recovering a child's ring is a special find, it sure would nice to try and track down the original owner.

Red Garnet stones symbolize love and friendship, associations with the heart, blood, inner fire, and life force.
Garnets have long been considered symbols of love. Garnet symbolism also extends to friendship.

Love the detailed workmanship on the face of this piece.
Dave

Attachments

• 20210501_165653-crop.jpg
    20210501_165653-crop.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet find Alabama! Garnets are the birthstone for January. Could be when the baby was born. I had one. Ruby for July. And as against the wind pointed out, they are dangerous. I was one of the statistics. I swallowed mine and had to go to Drs and get X-rays. Then my mom had to monitor me for a couple days. I can still remember a little. Bless her heart, she found it, cleaned it and put it on a necklace. I still have it.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet find Alabama! Garnets are the birthstone for January. Could be when the baby was born. I had one. Ruby for July. And as against the wind pointed out, they are dangerous. I was one of the statistics. I swallowed mine and had to go to Drs and get X-rays. Then my mom had to monitor me for a couple days. I can still remember a little. Bless her heart, she found it, cleaned it and put it on a necklace. I still have it.
I love your story about 'The Swallowed Birthstone' WD, just don't put the pendent in your mouth one day without thinking. :laughing7:

Hope you and your Dad are doing well,
Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread