What's new

A silver dime for a penny

Coins4Cheese

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2009
Messages
657
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
After searching nickels for a few months now, I decided to move onto dimes. I got my first batch of dimes ($95). They were all in clear wrappers, but amazingly, I found a silver dime! On my way home, I was quickly edge searching, and bam; a solid silver rim. At first, I thought it had to be a Canadian clad, but I popped the roll open, and tada, out came a pretty worn '46 Rosie. It's my first silver dime found in a bank roll, and I replaced it with a good 'ol clad dime found in a penny roll. So all in all, I paid one cent for my first silver dime.
 
Upvote 0
Makes you feel good aout the coin. Getting coins this way is so much more special than just buying them, isn't it? :-) You'll remember some of these stories years from now. NObody remembers a buying experience.
 
jrf30 said:
Makes you feel good aout the coin. Getting coins this way is so much more special than just buying them, isn't it? :-) You'll remember some of these stories years from now. NObody remembers a buying experience.
I love when that happens! Jrf, I won't forget one buying experience, I bought a roll of Walkers for $100, ho-hum, and found a nice key 1938D that pretty much paid for that roll. ffd
 
Oops, sorry guys, I put $98, but it was actually $95. I still had my mind on nickels.
 
Yes, but you are not elite until you find a silver dime in a bag of pennies too.

I had the pleasure of finding one in a bag of pennies onces. Lucky me also bought the bag of dimes
where someone had dumped like $50 face in silver dimes. One just happened to get miscounted.
 
XX said:
Yes, but you are not elite until you find a silver dime in a bag of pennies too.

I had the pleasure of finding one in a bag of pennies onces. Lucky me also bought the bag of dimes
where someone had dumped like $50 face in silver dimes. One just happened to get miscounted.

Your not truely elite until you find a silver penny. ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom