What's new

A skunk waiting to happen or a Nightmare Box-RESULTS POSTED BELOW

ronbo22

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2008
Messages
410
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Wow!
 

Attachments

  • IMG00047-20100504-1320.webp
    IMG00047-20100504-1320.webp
    233.5 KB · Views: 536
Upvote 0
thurmownator said:
ronbo22 said:
TOTAL SKUNK!

".........Found 2 shiny new 2009's that were marked."

Ruining two perfectly good NIFC halves that someone would have wanted to keep. That's precisely why children aren't allowed to play (unsupervised) with markers.
Well you wern't surprised any were ya?
 
jim4silver said:
Ronbo,

I picked up a couple of Brinks boxes today, and one of them looked much like the photo you posted. All in that box were skunks and it seemed like all the coins had a red or black X, and some had numbers which I cannot figure out what they mean. The other box had some marked with just a red line but had a few 40%ers and 1 Kennedy 64 in it.

Since our areas are not too far apart, I figure we are getting our boxes from the same supplier.

Have you noticed that some of the boxes are taped shut with a short piece of tape closing the box, and sometimes the tape runs all across the bottom and sides? I know it sounds strange but sometimes when I get a few boxes there is often one taped one way and one the other, and the coins they have will differ greatly in quality of finds and/or markings. I only see them taped one way or the other, never anything in between.

Just wondering if you have noticed any difference in this yourself.

Jim


Yes, I have noticed the same pattern and for a while was keeping track of a trend. there was no discernable difference. todays box was short takes, low marks, no silver. boy it has been sparse since late March. I do 5-6 boxes per week and I think I have gotten 20 keepers since the end of March.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom