Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello

Caught up with some old friends I had not seen a few years and had a few beers.

I thought you might enjoy hearing the yarn. I had mentioned a place that froze the expressions on the faces of men I never expected ever to see......You could hear a pin drop ;D

The following story was told to me by my two old friends of over 20 odd years. Both of them are highly respected long term serving military veterans who have fought all over the world in the special forces and as UN peace keepers. They are well drilled no nonsence type of men who wish thier respective names to be kept private.

Both who happend to have had some leave at the same time decided a short break in Tasmania Australia for a few days. Both had traveled all around the world but never visited Tasmania and wanted to see the history and the place and a bit of a pub crawl. They decided to fly drive and pre booked Holiday Cabins all around Tassie.

This was in the winter of 2004. They during thier 7 day tour of Tassie had booked a cabin next door to the convict ruins at Port Arthur. They did the usual things saw the sea caves, Dog Chain, Port Arthur during the day. At night they even did a ghost tour much to thier amusement for a bit of fun. Just like any other tourist.

The whole place reeked of atmosphere in the dead of winter, quiet, dead still with and air of sadness nipped by the icy fingers of winter. Driving to Port Arthur in winter is an evil and forbidden place with a perpetual gloom cast by the overhanging trees cast deep shadows that eats into the soul. It feels and looks like a dead place.

The Holiday Cabins was in walking distance from the historic convict prison settlement. The cabin looked like they were built in the 1950's. With misssion brown painted on the half timbered veneer on the bottom with lime green painted fibro up the top. A classical mom and pop enterprise of the 1950's. The main room of the cabin had a kitchen and dinning room table and double bed. The second room of the cabin was a bedroom with 2 bunk beds and another doorway leading to a shower and toilet. The cabin was a little old and decrepid but clean. The room with the bunk bed had only one window.

One of men had the double bed as a reward for who ever was driving that day. The other had the lower bunk bed for the night. they had retired for the night about midnight after having a few beers and a laugh in the warmth of the cabin, of the guides trick pulled to give a little fright to tourists of the ghost tour.

About 130 am even with the heater on the temperature dropped for even battle hardened veterans to feel the chill. The man in the double bed felt a strange sensation of the blankets being pulled off through the night which disturbed him all night.

But that was nothing compared to what happend to the man in the lower bunk bed in the room next door. He had finally fallen off to sleep only to be awoken with the sensation of some thing crawling up his body on the bed. He told me he could feel the weight of thing on his chest. And the most frightening thing of all this Icy cold presence was moving up to his face and invaded his personal space about 2cm from his face as he lay on his back mortified in the bunk bed. An ice cold breath could be felt on his face.

Fear left him paralyised for a monment. And icy blob of blackness 2cm fom his face spoke to him in a very faint whisper. "Are you my daddy?" As you could imagine in an instant he sat up in the bunk trying to focus his eyes and in the corner of the room was two dark shadows of what appeared to be the outline of two little children standing hand in hand about 4 and 5. This totally unerved him out and he jumped up and turned the light on to see nothing. Did he dream it all or did he really see some thing?

The noise he made woke his mate in the front room who called out, Are you are all right? He mumbered a response still bewildered if it had been all a night mare. He suddenly felt very ill and went into bathroom and was sick. Washing up after vomiting several times he washed his face still rather upset looked into to mirror above the wash basin.

To his horror in the mirror there was 2 little girls one slightly taller than the other holding hands covered in blood in background. He spun around to the shower cubicle to where he had seen them in the mirror. Nothing! Turned to the mirror again and they had vanished.

I would of been hauling my ass out of there way before that. But he was a strong willed person even if slighly now rattled. he slept with the light on for the rest of the night. Stangely enough the man in the front room heard the light going on and off all night to day light.

They left early that morning dumping keys back to the park attendant of the cabin park. The look in her eyes betrayed to them that she knew there was something not quite right about that cabin? And the queer haunted looks of 2 battle hardened veterans both over 6ft was enough to confirm her suspicions. Nothing was said but the looks said it all.

Nothing was said between the two men either as they drove away in silence from the haunting beauty of the Tasman --deleted--ular. A few years later one of the men read an article about the Port Arthur massacre. A gunman shot and killed about 35 men women and children at the Port Authur historic site in 1996. Two of the victims was two sisters aged 3 and 6 gunned down as they entered the park. They with thier mother was tragically murdered.

The man that slept in the bedroom was haunted for many years with the guilt that he felt compelled to find and contact the father of the murdered family? But was afraid of reminding the heart broken father the tragic loss of his family. And it tormented him if he did approch him how he would react? The whole experience had changed him. He was once a strong man so sure of himself, now retired and some what now a ghost of his former self.

Was the story true? These 2 men are the most unimaginative men I have ever met. Cold hard and practical not the sort given to such stories.

It was the once and only time I ever saw thier blood ran cold.......

Crow

Attachments

• 800px-PortArthurPenitentiary.jpg
    800px-PortArthurPenitentiary.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 396

Dedevil

Tenderfoot
Oct 10, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
??????????????????????WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!

What? Couldn't you get a real job?

What? Did the local gazette knock you back?

Didn't PASS THE MILITARY MEDICAL?

Port Authur is a beautiful place! i HAVE NEVER HEARD ONE GUNSHOT FIRED HERE. ONLY HEARD MEDIA RELIGOUS POLICE CRAP.

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Dedevil

This topic is in the paranormal normal forum is it not?

why such the hostility? Strike a raw nerve some where?

was you a property owner or a relative of one of the victims of Port Arthur and its aftermath? If so the intention was not bring back those harsh memories.

The region is very beautiful.

Fact my friend 35 people was murdered there. the whole area suffered for a long time. If you do no know this then you must of been livng in a cave.

The story well that was related to me by two men not usually given to such tales.

I am not asking anyone to believe the story either way.

But since you replied by flying insults. I am forced to reply.

Crow

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crow, I have no reason to doubt the story. Evidence is pretty convincing about an afterlife. Where OOB experiencers felt like they were returning home. Where everyone was happy and the Light of Love surrounded all. A common story. In fact there are events like that in my ancestors experiences.

Victims of violence seem to get stuck in the space they died. Confused as to what happened to them, what is going on, etc. Like the movie Sixth Sense. Looking for some resolution or finality.

Whether spirit guides really help them to move on is unknown to us. If they are gone they don't leave forwarding addresses. We don't really know. Until it's our own time.

Ghosts and spirits can inhabit spaces. Many are of bad character and make us uncomfortable. Many are benign. Just "extra" members of the family. Sharing space with us. And some need help which cause us the most regret. How do you help?

It is just fear that hardens our hearts to some spiritual moments. After all what do you think your Guardian Angel is?
BB

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Buffalobob

Thanks for the very interesting comments. You raised some very interesting questions.

I do not know who and what these apparitions are? Products of state of mind or an emotional imprint on time or a higher form of consious? I do not know. And that is why the topic of ghosts intirgues people from many cultures. It is that curiosity and fears that have made us into what we are today.

But I think we have a belief system more and more today that we with modern science has answers to everything in this world. But what a sterile and unimaginative place it would be? If there was no mystery and intirgue to taunt us into challanging our belifs and preceptions. Science sometimes do not have the answers.

Till that time comes I am happy to keep an open mind.

Crow

rubytuesday

Mar 21, 2009
Hello Crow, firstly I apologise to you for the ranting of a very obviously disturbed Dedevil.
Secondly, to any readers of this post i can confirm that the events concerning the massacre at Port Arthur are all correct and it is considered a shameful piece of our very recent history.
Could i also ask that one of the administrators/moderators remove the name of the person who commited the massacre at Port Arthur (first name incorrect, surname correct). It is a point of honour among Australians that we never mention his name in any form as his stated reason for commiting this crime was to gain national attention and notority.
We are determined that his name will never, ever be mentioned again.

Thanks, rubytuesday

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Ruby

Thank you for the kind words.

Yes you are correct with the name and I have removed the name out of respect for those who have suffered from those terrible events.

The region is truly a beautiful region but she can be dark,mysterious and brooding landscape in the heart of winter. A place not to be missed on any visit to Tasmania.

Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread