What's new

a spoon....a stupid spoon from the 1800s?!?!

RyanOShea

Full Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
155
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac. Ex2. X-Terra. Garret pro pointer. Fisher Headphones, Whites headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a spoon....a stupid spoon from the 1800's?!?!

I was easement hunting in an older town. And right out from of this old house I found this spoon down a good 6 inches. Well, the tip of it anyway. I cant say im really into spoons. but, something about it made me wanna check into it. turns out its a holms booth and hayden Japanese design desert spoon from 1879. The markings on the back read "HOLMES BOOTH & HAYDENS A1
its a silver plated spoon. So, no real silver score on it there. but, eh. I can image some kid during the turn of the century digging in the yard with it. kinda cool I thought. I even found an old ad for the exact same spoon online. So, its probably a pretty common one. But hey. Anything 1800's I keep.
-Ryan
idighistory.co.nr
 

Attachments

  • 38176_134469203260379_127739137266719_167386_758489_n.webp
    38176_134469203260379_127739137266719_167386_758489_n.webp
    13.4 KB · Views: 1,827
  • hbh_spoon.webp
    hbh_spoon.webp
    7.7 KB · Views: 3,967
Upvote 0
Re: a spoon....a stupid spoon from the 1800's?!?!

IHatePullTabs said:
I was easement hunting in an older town. And right out from of this old house I found this spoon down a good 6 inches. Well, the tip of it anyway. I cant say im really into spoons. but, something about it made me wanna check into it. turns out its a holms booth and hayden Japanese design desert spoon from 1879. The markings on the back read "HOLMES BOOTH & HAYDENS A1
its a silver plated spoon. So, no real silver score on it there. but, eh. I can image some kid during the turn of the century digging in the yard with it. kinda cool I thought. I even found an old ad for the exact same spoon online. So, its probably a pretty common one. But hey. Anything 1800's I keep.
-Ryan
idighistory.co.nr

My thinking is that it's not worth all that much but the fact that it's an ID'able spoon makes it worth more than any other 1879 spoon.
 
Re: a spoon....a stupid spoon from the 1800's?!?!

"Re: a spoon....a stupid spoon from the 1800's?!?!"

To each his own I guess. I like finding stuff like that myself. Maybe not as much as finding a big old copper, but I would still get a kick out of finding a spoon from the 1800's in that kind of shape.
 
Re: a spoon....a stupid spoon from the 1800's?!?!

WOW ~ that's actually a pretty cool find! Pretty much anything pre-1900 would be cool to find! Just makes you slow down and listen to all the other targets in that area ~ hopefully there's a Seated Liberty coin there too!

8^)
 
Re: a spoon....a stupid spoon from the 1800's?!?!

Worse comes to worse, ya gotta new digging implement!
Carl
 
Re: a spoon....a stupid spoon from the 1800's?!?!

Awesome find Congratulations
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom