What's new

A submarine sandwich and two 71Ds

MichiganRob

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2008
Messages
316
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
A submarine sandwich and two 71D's

Got one in my change for the sandwich and bought the other from her cash drawer because I thought I read somewhere on these boards that the 71d Kennedy Halves were 40% ers...Am I right? :icon_scratch:

HH
MichiganRob
 

Attachments

  • 2kennedys.webp
    2kennedys.webp
    12.1 KB · Views: 278
Upvote 0
Re: A submarine sandwich and two 71D's

Sorry to tell you, but the 71ds are not 40%s. Some were made 40%, but finding them in the wild
is next to impossible. If you are not sure take them to a coin shop. But I think it is a waste of time.

Good Luck!
 
Re: A submarine sandwich and two 71D's

Sure would be nice I've been thru hundreds of 71d just toss them back.
 
Re: A submarine sandwich and two 71D's

You most likely have two clad halve dollars. Sorry.

Golden Silver
 
Re: A submarine sandwich and two 71D's

You can tell just by looking at them they are copper/nickel clad. Find a 40% (1965 - 1970) and put it next to it, and it is easy to tell the difference.
 
Re: A submarine sandwich and two 71D's

You woud be the most famous CRHunter here if you get to find a 1971D 40%

Even if you have the 1971D 40% in front of you and a coin dealer tells you, " Yes it is silver"
still the coin does not exist until you send it to PCGS or NGC for grading the error and the US Mint
say yes, " it is an error coin"

With out that the coin does not exist.

DW
 
Re: A submarine sandwich and two 71D's

Okay guys...I guess I got it wrong.

Thank you all

HH
MichiganRob
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom