A super unexpected find while at the dump bank!!! .:~*~*~PICTURES ADDED~*~*~:.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, went to my dump bank to dump $300 in nickels. The teller comes to open the machine, and as she is changing the bag, I notice a quarter in the reject tube. Really worn. I go to pick it up, and turns out to be a 1943-p silver washington quarter!!!!!

I think it is amazing how I have done 2 boxes of quarters ever, no silver. Yet, I have a total of 2 silver quarters from this specific coin machine this year.

Got to love free silver while dumping your coins!!! HH all! (my first silver quarter from the machine was 1949-s)

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 747
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 767
Upvote 0

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: A super unexpected find while at the dump bank!!!

nice find man keep it up!

Th3Offspring

Aug 29, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

buy that bag of quarters! lol

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Th3Offspring said:
wish i could, I tried so many times in the past, they have a strict policy on not allowing anybody to buy bags off the coin machine. Did not bother to even ask. I just take what i can get, when i can get it. No complaining though, the coin machine has been nice to me with the foreign coins off the magnet, incuiding CAD, EURO, and 1943 steel pennies. As well as 2 silver quarters this year. :icon_sunny:

dossier

Aug 23, 2011
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BuffaloBoy said:
Th3Offspring said:
wish i could, I tried so many times in the past, they have a strict policy on not allowing anybody to buy bags off the coin machine. Did not bother to even ask. I just take what i can get, when i can get it. No complaining though, the coin machine has been nice to me with the foreign coins off the magnet, incuiding CAD, EURO, and 1943 steel pennies. As well as 2 silver quarters this year. :icon_sunny:

coin machines on average have been decent to me, I've done it only about 8times but 6 of the 8 times I found at least a dollar worth of foreign currency, mainly canadian, and a few times I found close to 4-5$ including a 2$ canadian and 2 steel pennys in great conidition. I don't do it for the cash but for the thrill of searching coin.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I do clean the magnets each time at the coin machine, though i do not post results anymore, too many newbies coming here sucking up the info. Newbies are good to this hobby, but they are bad too. It's all perspective. My area is loaded with CRH, i know it is.

well, i will post this one, the magnet only had 2 foreign coins on it: 1968 canadian quarter(not silver), and a 2007 RCM?? canadian quarter. in the reject bin along with the 1943 silver quarter, a 1996 bermuda dime. :)

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don't waste your time with buying bags from that machine. You are getting the silver from the reject tray so the machine will not except silver......Matt

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mlayers said:
Don't waste your time with buying bags from that machine. You are getting the silver from the reject tray so the machine will not except silver......Matt
it definately accepts silver halves, both 40% and 90%, i know that for sure. I once was dumping my junk halves and the bag filled up after me putting in 4 coins. the teller unloads the bag, loaded with silver, franklins, walkers, and kennedies. I tried so hard to buy the bag. NO. Also, the quarter is pretty worn, that could be why the machine rejected it.

The tellers at this bank also cull silver from the half dollar bag like there's no tomorrow. one specifically, but we chat when i dump, he tells me his finds(pretty good finds too, considering numbers), and i tell him my finds(not all, maybe about 20% of my finds to keep him from searching boxes). ha.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pictures added, sorry for the delay, have been really busy.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Buffaloboy'
Simply one more for the pile. That's what Rich always used to say.
rileyboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread