A Superb Sunday 😆 xx

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Another overcast summers day with many rain showers could not damper my excitement today…. We went back to the same area as yesterday but on the other side of the hedge…

my very first signal was a scratchy 72, so I braced for lead… but was blown away when I opened the clod and found my very first silver unit…. 😍 can you believe this coin is some 1,977 years old (approx, give or take)… need to get a proper id and research but couldn’t wait to show you! so yes for once I’m putting a coin first! 😍 xx

Then we have a stunner of a livery button..you can almost still see the gold gilt in places! my first signal after lunch.. this amazing Annular brooch! Pot leg and spoon, chunky bit of a crotal bell, with a little something . (?) bit of a buckle and more bits, patterned bit, Tap key (?) buttons by the score and finally 2 crusty Romans … ! What a day… what a hobby! xx

No detecting tomorrow, we are going to see a man about the ironstone mining and ask him lots of questions! But we are off the following week for our detecting at home holiday so 10 days of digging to be done 😍 xx

IMG_8509.jpeg
IMG_8510.jpeg
IMG_8495.jpeg
IMG_8496.jpeg
IMG_8497.jpeg
IMG_8498.jpeg
IMG_8500.jpeg
IMG_8501.jpeg
IMG_8502.jpeg
IMG_8503.jpeg
IMG_8504.jpeg
IMG_8505.jpeg
IMG_8506.jpeg
IMG_8507.jpeg
IMG_8508.jpeg
IMG_8483.jpeg
IMG_8491.jpeg

Upvote 32

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Huge congrats on the beautiful looking Stater, silver ponies are right up there as been quite rare.
Now what type/tribe?
Well done on the other recoveries also, the One Roman should be a easy one to ID. (chubby profile)

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Huge congrats on the beautiful looking Stater, silver ponies are right up there as been quite rare.
Now what type/tribe?
Well done on the other recoveries also, the One Roman should be a easy one to ID. (chubby profile)
Thanks Peps xx we think its a No 396 Boar/Horse type with large pellet and ring motif .. corieltauvian tribe … we think!!! … dates fron 55-45 BC … 😎 xx

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow!!!!
Wow, wow,wow wow!
Oh wait , you're not the dogs.( Been along morning here.)

I mean , wow!

Congrats on an outstanding hunt! Or maybe they all are?

Ancient coin to start..... not sure I have rocks that old here.

Holed tube could fit a tapered hole in wood. along the lines of your tap key.
Or , it resembles the spout for a bellows.

Wow on that silver right off the bat..

Congrats again!

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Wow!!!!
Wow, wow,wow wow!
Oh wait , you're not the dogs.( Been along morning here.)

I mean , wow!

Congrats on an outstanding hunt! Or maybe they all are?

Ancient coin to start..... not sure I have rocks that old here.

Holed tube could fit a tapered hole in wood. along the lines of your tap key.
Or , it resembles the spout for a bellows.

Wow on that silver right off the bat..

Congrats again!
Ahh thanks RC!! 😆 xx its the coolest thing ive ever seen… darent even try nd clean it … but if i do will get better pics!! xx

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Peps xx we think its a No 396 Boar/Horse type with large pellet and ring motif .. corieltauvian tribe … we think!!! … dates fron 55-45 BC … 😎 xx
Yeap book ref: ABC1782.
Congrats, not an easy find, & a fairly good example!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm coming over in about 6 weeks......leave a little something for me, will you? :tongue3:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another overcast summers day with many rain showers could not damper my excitement today…. We went back to the same area as yesterday but on the other side of the hedge…

my very first signal was a scratchy 72, so I braced for lead… but was blown away when I opened the clod and found my very first silver unit…. 😍 can you believe this coin is some 1,977 years old (approx, give or take)… need to get a proper id and research but couldn’t wait to show you! so yes for once I’m putting a coin first! 😍 xx

Then we have a stunner of a livery button..you can almost still see the gold gilt in places! my first signal after lunch.. this amazing Annular brooch! Pot leg and spoon, chunky bit of a crotal bell, with a little something . (?) bit of a buckle and more bits, patterned bit, Tap key (?) buttons by the score and finally 2 crusty Romans … ! What a day… what a hobby! xx

No detecting tomorrow, we are going to see a man about the ironstone mining and ask him lots of questions! But we are off the following week for our detecting at home holiday so 10 days of digging to be done 😍 xx

View attachment 2099178 View attachment 2099179 View attachment 2099180 View attachment 2099181 View attachment 2099182 View attachment 2099183 View attachment 2099184 View attachment 2099185 View attachment 2099186 View attachment 2099187 View attachment 2099188 View attachment 2099189 View attachment 2099190 View attachment 2099191 View attachment 2099192 View attachment 2099193 View attachment 2099194
I vote BANNER! For the silver coin especially, but also for the quality of your photos, other amazing finds, and all the stuff you should have gotten a banner for in the past.
BTW, I think that coin fell out of one of my ancestors' kit. Did you find it in a place with a lot of dirt around?

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
I vote BANNER! For the silver coin especially, but also for the quality of your photos, other amazing finds, and all the stuff you should have gotten a banner for in the past.
BTW, I think that coin fell out of one of my ancestors' kit. Did you find it in a place with a lot of dirt around?
Ahh thank you xx 🤗 honestly while i love wandering around finding stuff… i equally love sharing it with everyone on here… if i had my way, id ship you all over (in batches, obviously) and take you out with us!!! 😆 xx

And my goodness… yes it was infact surrounded by dirt… how spooky is that… did they tell you where they dropped the “yellow” ones by any chance 🤔….!!! 😂 xx

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh thank you xx 🤗 honestly while i love wandering around finding stuff… i equally love sharing it with everyone on here… if i had my way, id ship you all over (in batches, obviously) and take you out with us!!! 😆 xx

And my goodness… yes it was infact surrounded by dirt… how spooky is that… did they tell you where they dropped the “yellow” ones by any chance 🤔….!!! 😂 xx
I believe that it was said to be close by, if that's any help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread