A surprisingly well day for my area.

jeff741972

Sep 13, 2008
Tamaqua Pa
Detector(s) used
V3i
So I went for a ride, havent been out for a few weeks. I seen a field I had hunted before was in corn stubble so that was all it took, Ive only been here once before, and the fella who owns it is a nice, but private person, and I dont really think he likes company too much, soooo I swung into his driveway, and found him in with his cows, asked about heading out in the stubble, he says "Sure, let me know if we strike it rich :laughing7: " So there I go, out a swinging around the stubble, broken spoons, croatal bell chunks, and buttons. Hmmm I says to myself, "sure is getting cold with the steady wind on the knoll, I better find something good or I am packin it in" Then it happened, that sweet high pitch, the 3 aligned green lines on the V, with a vdi in the 80's, now I know there hasnt been a home here in 80 years, nobody around remembers there even being a house there, sweet jeebus its a virgin!! down on a knee I go and proceed to dig a wider than signal hole, out comes the el pinpointer and I am on it !!! My first seated quarter, and those scratches must be from the plow, I rub alot of stuff, but not silver coins :laughing9: then about 8 feet away ANOTHER squealer!!! mid seventies, I kick away the corn remnants and see green! thats right on the surface, no kidding :blob3: so I continue on a bit and find a 1890 indian, no pic of that it went to the farmer :icon_thumright: I would have to say, that its been a pretty good day, the cold is in my back though and im kinda sore, I'll get over it ;D Any chance anyone knows the type on the LC? I was looking but on coinfacts the pictures wheren't working for me :dontknow:

P1010234.JPG

P1010235.JPG

P1010237.JPG

P1010238.JPG

Upvote 0

Aurora64blue

Sep 25, 2009
South Eastern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tiger Shark, Fisher F70, Vibra Probe 580
Congrats on the finds Jeff

It was also very good of you to reward the land owner with some of your finds for letting you hunt in his fields.

It sure is a great way to keep the doors open to hunting the private fields. If you do happen to find an exceptionally good location, a nice bottle of wine at the end of the season doesn't hurt much either.

WTG!

Ralph

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very nice hunt! that seated is gorgeous!

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I liked the story
Enjoyed the coins
And glad you shared your finds :thumbsup:
HH Soup

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions