a SWEET silver : 1832 Capped Bust Quarter

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Hello T'Netters. Hit some new territory with a buddy today. Nice spot, but the hits were few and far between. But my first target of the day was a beauty. An 1832 Capped Bust quarter ! I didn't dare clean it in the field but my buddy took a look and knew exactly what it was. As a matter of fact he practically predicted this find. On the hike in he stated that you never see people posting Capped Bust quarters. He was rewarded later in the hunt with a nice Colonial copper.

Happy Hunting!

Upvote 30
Nice coin
congrats.gif

HO--LY SHAT!!! She's gorgeous dude! 180 years old and it looks great! Spectacular find!!

Great find. Don't see too many capped bust quarters posted.

She is a beauty!!!!!! Couldn't even imagine diggin silver that old. Congratulations

Sweet find!!!!!!

Tremendous looking Capped Bust! Congrats! Hogge

Is that mint luster I see on this coin? Incredible. I vote banner on this coin because of its rarity as well as its condition. Congrats!

Thanks folks! I don't get many silvers in the pursuit of those crusty old cellar hole coppers. This was a rare surprise for sure!

Boy howdy that's a beauty. Real nice find.

Holy snykies, didnt look very deep. what detector you using? Dream coin!

Gorgeous Capped Bust Quarter! I love the way the '32' shows through the dirt on the early shot from out in the woods!

WOW!!!! Your right you never seem to see Capped Bust quarters. Congrats on an amazing find.

Oh man she's a beauty, I'm jealous ! Congrats on a awesome find, HH

Had to look at this post eventually and was well worth the time for the pictures to load on Dial-Up! Super sweet silver thats a home run one for sure! Incoming vote!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back