A Thousand Years From Now?

A thousand years from now aluminum will be trading for $2000 per cubit and $8000 per millimite. :BangHead:

I doubt it. Trash is trash. I've dug 2000 year old items in England that end up in the scrap bin. Little chunks of Roman bronze or English lead is just not worth anything other than melt unless it's complete and made into something interesting.

A thousand years from now archeologist will be getting funded to dig up pull-tabs, classify them, and put these valuable artifacts on display in museums. :BangHead:
A thousand years from now, if humanity doesn't manage to drive itself extinct, metal detectors will use reflective X-Rays so you will actually see what's in the ground. No more need to dig junk -- and even in a thousand years, pull tabs will still be junk.

Your post reminded me of this:
"A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in , or the kind of car I drove. , but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."
Don in SoCal (I used to coach distressed families.)

A thousand years from now aluminum will be trading for $2000 per cubit and $8000 per millimite. :BangHead:
IDTS. Aluminium is the most abundant metallic element in the Earth's crust, and the third most abundant of all elements (after oxygen and silicon). We're stinkin' with it--just not in pure form.

Problem is, native aluminum is extremely rare, and processing the bauxite ore requires vast amounts of energy. Recycling takes only 5% of the energy used to process aluminum from ore. 🤔

A thousand years from now, aluminum just might trade for 2000 pazoozahs (or whatever they use by then) per cubit, but more likely a matter of inflation than relative intrinsic value.

JMO--ICBW.

I wouldn't take this post too literally as it was just a little off-the-cuff humor.......:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back