pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Supposedly tea tree oil has many uses. For just a few bucks per bottle, I am going to try it. I just don't trust the commercially produced stuff. Can't be good for you.

Been using Tea Tree oil for 25 yrs, any skin scrap that might have a chance of getting infection, bug control, pests like animals we put it the sprayer and spray around the edges of the property line. I was looking at some pouches at the Army Surplus store one day, the owner asked about the use and the conversation led to the tick issue and he claims that this spray on stuff the troops use on their clothing worked great, it stayed active through a dozen washings and it still was effective. I felt a sudden urge to run, why would I want something that powerful near my body?

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
My ex used to make a tea from cigarette tobacco to water the house plants when she would have an insect problem. Wonder if that might work, sprayed on skin and clothes?

I would not do that if I were you.Nicotine is a deadly poison,30mgs to 60mgs can kill the average human.1 cigarette contains 2mgs

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great tips!
One thing that works well for me is to wear rubber boots and/or splash pants. Certain material they can't grab onto and slide off.
I also put everything that I wore (during tick season) in a sealed garbage bag and they will be dead after a few weeks and even sooner if you leave the bag in the sun.
Try to avoid wearing anything with a lot of pockets or folds. Too many hiding spots for them!
Cheers,
Dave.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread