a timemachine................

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
sorry, no finds posted here. just kinda day dreaming. since i have not been able to get out lately
have you ever thought when time travel becomes possible where would you visit? like say a genie in a lamp, you could go back in time 3 times.
i would for sure go once, to a nice archaic camp i found in the desert, just to observe them for a few days, to see why they chose there, now a barren wasteland, to see thier aged skin, what the women looked like, how they communicated and acted around one another, and on and on and on. "and to see how that friggin arrow point got there"
you ever wonder about this too, what if ?
where would you visit in the prehistoric timeline?

Upvote 0

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
11,000 years ago and show up right where I am sitting now. I have found several Daltons within a mile of our house, north and south. Also, while digging an old site, my BIL found a round .45 caliber bullet at about 3 feet deep and I would love to know how it got there. Can you imagine going back with a simple box of matches and trading a match for a 5 or 6 inch Dalton or Firstview??? If I couldnt locate the Natives just seeing the how much the woods have changed would be nice...d2

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
I've thought the same thing, Chong...but then, the archies would be telling us that we would be disturbing a way of life....Suppose the best way would be if we could just see the past, no interaction...

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always thought that if a person traveled back in time with a simple item like a lighter, he would be considered a Godlike person. You could light the lighter in font of a group of prehistoric folks and they would be in awe. Once a year, tribes would travel great distances just to see the strange guy with the fire stick make it work its magic. Now.... imagine if instead of a lighter, you brought a digital video camera! Its a fun thought :wink:

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
1 July 1863. Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.

16 October 1793. Paris, France.

4 June 1942. Midway Atoll, South Pacific.

6 June 1944. Normandy, France.

11 August 480BC. Thermopylae, Greece.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok go back 3 times

1. November 25th,1863 to fight alongside Cleburnes division on the left on Missionary ridge near my house.

2. 2009 years ago to witness the miracles of Christ.

3.........9000 Bp(11,000 yrs) in Tennessee Paleo Mesoamerica.To hunt the long gone animals of the tundra learn the tools and gather. Hunting and Gathering and improving the gene pool !!!Lol j/k !!

Thoughtful post as always Chong2
TnMountains

F

Flintfinder of Mo.

I would have loved to look in the face of a saber tooth tiger, taken down a wholly mamoth. I would love to have traveled up and down the rivers hunting, farming, no city street signs, no Law, just me and my boys. I would love to see and learn what plummets, gorgets, bannerstones,birdstones were really used for. I would also like the reason for a campsite in the middle of no where meant. What they really smoked out of their pipes , why they engraved, and who did it women, or children. I would also like to know why they made such fine ones and then the old field grade points. I would really like to see how they traded, Did some one just come up to Mo. and say I have some La La La. These peoples have been so gone for so long we will never know. Word of mouth will not get you any where here. Remember the old class room trick our teachers used to do? Start something in the front row, and by the time it got to the back, Different message. Chong if you get it up and flying. I want to Go. John. P.s I have a lot more to ask?? One question is ,I've walked threw their campsites in the winter, infact some of you guys know thats when I find my best goods. How did they do it????? I am in the the best Clothes,coats, money can buy, and still freezing. They kept the family alive, and thrived they were badass

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
I'd like to go back a few hundred years and warn the natives of the threat from the east. Tell them we're not to be trusted. Tell them not to trade and sell their land for seeds and crop. I'd emphasize the danger of foreign ships and with my modern knowledge teach them to build anti ship weapons.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
wow, there are to many choices, so I think I would pick my back yard. I know there was a lot of activity in the vicinity. I often stop when I am out TH'n & look around & wonder what they were seeing. If they appreciated the beauty as I am able to do, or life was so hard they didn't have the time. I always hope that someone back in time stopped & had the beauty take their breath away as it did mine.

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
great topic chong2.i would go back to the bar and try and not meet my ex-wife.lol.but seriously i think it would be around paleo times and see a mammoth get taken down with some clovis points.and bring back a few with me!

fossil_femme

Feb 21, 2009
New Mexico
Airborne80 said:
I have always thought that if a person traveled back in time with a simple item like a lighter, he would be considered a Godlike person. You could light the lighter in font of a group of prehistoric folks and they would be in awe. Once a year, tribes would travel great distances just to see the strange guy with the fire stick make it work its magic. Now.... imagine if instead of a lighter, you brought a digital video camera! Its a fun thought :wink:

Good point Airborne!

On the other hand, I kinda think it depends where you were... that video camera could have gotten you burned at the stake in certain parts of Europe... or even in Salem, Mass. :laughing7:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fossil_femme said:
Airborne80 said:

Good point Airborne!

On the other hand, I kinda think it depends where you were... that video camera could have get you burned at the stake in certain parts of Europe... or even in Salem, Mass. :laughing7:
I alway thought a really good rifle with lots of ammo and you might sit on the big rock,Of course I would be trying to mount the Saber tooth cats in my cave/hut and put on the wall.
Maybe just my skills in building and kick some mound builders butts,lol
This was a fun post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread