What's new

"A to Z" Item

cambria09

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2012
Messages
1,840
Reaction score
3,841
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All. I dug this thing at a 1880's to 1930's farm home site. It is heavy duty brass and the round is about 1.5 inches in diameter.

Maybe part of a toy of some kind?? LMK if you have any ideas on what this is and Good Luck out there. C9
 

Attachments

  • 11 Bee Plc 05 2019 Whatzt.webp
    11 Bee Plc 05 2019 Whatzt.webp
    936.1 KB · Views: 115
  • 11 Bee Plc 05 2019 Whatzt2.webp
    11 Bee Plc 05 2019 Whatzt2.webp
    930.1 KB · Views: 114
I vaguely remember from my days as a Volkswagen mechanic, you would occasionally see a German domestic car brought back by a military man. The switches and other labels or directions were all in German and I can remember something that was marked "Auf" and "Zu". That was interpreted Off and On or Open and Closed. It could be that this is an operating screw off some kind of German appliance?

Best wishes!
 
Upvote 0
Yeah, "auf und zu" also came to my mind. Or maybe one of those rotating address registers we had before computers.

Greets Namxat
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I vaguely remember from my days as a Volkswagen mechanic, you would occasionally see a German domestic car brought back by a military man. The switches and other labels or directions were all in German and I can remember something that was marked "Auf" and "Zu". That was interpreted Off and On or Open and Closed. It could be that this is an operating screw off some kind of German appliance?

Best wishes!

Hello Reanm8er that sounds....


...but I am not going to mark it "Solved" just yet.

Thanks for the great info and Good Luck out there. C9
 
Upvote 0
Looks like some kind of regulator thumbscrew. No idea for what.
 
Upvote 0
Dang. Cool find.
 
Upvote 0
If (ond only if) it is auf and zu, it is something flow related regarding to das or fluids. something like heating or water flow or gas flow.

Electrical stuff would be An/Aus.


Greets namxat
 
Upvote 0
If (ond only if) it is auf and zu, it is something flow related regarding to das or fluids. something like heating or water flow or gas flow.

Electrical stuff would be An/Aus.

There is no regulating the gas flow on my An/Aus! :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
Yeah Creskol, I've been preaching that for years!
 
Upvote 0
Psssst! Pull my finger!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom