What's new

A true NAZI!!!!

silvereagle78

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2009
Messages
453
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites SilverEagle
I can honestly say I never thought I would find something like this out of a machine wrapped roll. It is a 1944 10 Pfennig from the third reich, swastika and all! I was hoping to find a U.S. war nickel or even a Canadian victory nickel to compliment it, but no such luck, just a slick buffalo. This also will mark my oldest foreign coin found CRH. I haven't done any research on it yet but I am guessing it is zinc or similar. It also has a "F" mintmark which I am guessing is Frankfurt. HH, SE
 

Attachments

  • Nazi Coin.webp
    Nazi Coin.webp
    35.6 KB · Views: 761
Upvote 0
That's a good find. I love finding foreign coins. Yer buffalo has a mintmark. I've only found one buff with a MM and it was slick too.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
I once got a nazi 1 pfenning in a roll of dimes and I recall someone else getting one in a half roll- I guess they dumped all of grandpa's stash!

HH
-GC
 
Nice! I have several of the Nazi coins in my collection, but I have never found any roll hunting.
 
silvereagle78 said:
I can honestly say I never thought I would find something like this out of a machine wrapped roll. It is a 1944 10 Pfennig from the third reich, swastika and all! I was hoping to find a U.S. war nickel or even a Canadian victory nickel to compliment it, but no such luck, just a slick buffalo. This also will mark my oldest foreign coin found CRH. I haven't done any research on it yet but I am guessing it is zinc or similar. It also has a "F" mintmark which I am guessing is Frankfurt. HH, SE

That's a nice coin. :icon_thumleft:
 
Good score, love the pic :thumbsup:
HH..Miner
 
silvereagle78 said:
I can honestly say I never thought I would find something like this out of a machine wrapped roll. It is a 1944 10 Pfennig from the third reich, swastika and all! I was hoping to find a U.S. war nickel or even a Canadian victory nickel to compliment it, but no such luck, just a slick buffalo. This also will mark my oldest foreign coin found CRH. I haven't done any research on it yet but I am guessing it is zinc or similar. It also has a "F" mintmark which I am guessing is Frankfurt. HH, SE

Very nice finds. Here's the skinny on German mint marks.

German coins are produced at five different mints, coins from each of them can be identified by their mintmarks, A = Berlin, D = Munich, F = Stuttgart, G = Karlsruhe, J = Hamburg.

UPDATE: During WWII, the Third Reich had their own mints/mintmarks. They are as follows:

Nazi 3rd Reich Mint Marks
The 3rd Reich had a number of mints (coin factories). Each mint location had its own identifiable letter. It
is therefore possible to identify exactly which mint produced what coin by noting the mint mark (letter)
on the coin. Not all mints were authorised to produce coins every year. The mints were also only
authorised to produced a set number of coins with some mints allocated a greater production than
others. Some of the coins with particular mint marks are therefore scarcer than others. With the silver 2
and 5 Reichsmark coins, the mint mark is found under the date on the left side of the coin (see scans
below). On the smaller denomination Reichspfennig coins, the mint mark is found on the bottom center
of the coin.
A = Berlin
B = Wien (Vienna)
D = München (Munich)
E = Muldenhütten (Dresden)
F = Stuttgart
G = Karlsruhe
J = Hamburg
 
1944--Love the German coin.

apush :read2:
 
Very cool! That's a neat piece of history to find. Can't wait to find something like that, or really anything not from Canada or Mexico :thumbsup:
 
i have several in my collection! they are kinda cool and i have a 1939 2 pfenning that is silver. non found CRH though :(
 
Very cool crh find!! I thought I'd share these silver Reichs Marks that I picked up off of Ebay. :read2:
 

Attachments

  • reichsmark.webp
    reichsmark.webp
    6 KB · Views: 404
  • reichsmarkII.webp
    reichsmarkII.webp
    9.4 KB · Views: 415
Great find ! I found mine 6'' deep in a park in San Angelo TX. I'm guessin a soldier(US) dropped it after the war. :icon_thumright:
 
thurmownator said:
Very nice finds. Here's the skinny on German mint marks.

German coins are produced at five different mints, coins from each of them can be identified by their mintmarks, A = Berlin, D = Munich, F = Stuttgart, G = Karlsruhe, J = Hamburg.

UPDATE: During WWII, the Third Reich had their own mints/mintmarks. They are as follows:

Nazi 3rd Reich Mint Marks
The 3rd Reich had a number of mints (coin factories). Each mint location had its own identifiable letter. It
is therefore possible to identify exactly which mint produced what coin by noting the mint mark (letter)
on the coin. Not all mints were authorised to produce coins every year. The mints were also only
authorised to produced a set number of coins with some mints allocated a greater production than
others. Some of the coins with particular mint marks are therefore scarcer than others. With the silver 2
and 5 Reichsmark coins, the mint mark is found under the date on the left side of the coin (see scans
below). On the smaller denomination Reichspfennig coins, the mint mark is found on the bottom center
of the coin.
A = Berlin
B = Wien (Vienna)
D = München (Munich)
E = Muldenhütten (Dresden)
F = Stuttgart
G = Karlsruhe
J = Hamburg
Wow, I guess I was a little off on my assumption of the mintmark :laughing7: Thanks for straightening me out. :thumbsup:
 
To All, Thanks for all the comments and information :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom