Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O.K., I finished up the yard where I dug the Merc and silver cufflinks the other day. Here is what I found. A lot of the old decorative things were in the backyard under leaves and ivy. Nothing great, but I have enough to make the owner a nice shadowbox of relics for her house. She has lots of nice old antiques inside her 1800's house, so the relic box will fit right in. :thumbsup:
One of my favorite pieces this trip was the lantern part dated "Mar. 16, 1869". I've found numerous dated lantern thumb wheels, but this is the first one I've dug with a date on the wick pass through piece. :icon_sunny:
Should have decent weather tomorrow, so I'll be moving on to another spot.
My finds:

*Dated lantern piece- Mar. 16, 1869

*Two wheats - 1916 & 1919

*"Harris Grip Back" suspender clip - Age???? :icon_scratch:

*A few neat decorative pieces. One looks Victorian era.

*Large odd looking button. Age ?????????? :icon_scratch:

*Old chain

*Tootsietoy - Any idea what it is? :icon_scratch:

*Room 740 hotel key from Sir Walter Hotel - Raleigh, NC.
Perhaps someone was trying to hide something? Hmmmmmmmmmm. ;D :wink:

Thanks for looking,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-121S.JPG
    MVC-121S.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 741
  • MVC-122S.JPG
    MVC-122S.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 737
  • MVC-123S.JPG
    MVC-123S.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 718
  • MVC-124S.JPG
    MVC-124S.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 735
  • MVC-125S.JPG
    MVC-125S.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 730
  • MVC-126S.JPG
    MVC-126S.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 729
  • Sir Walter.jpg
    Sir Walter.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 721
Upvote 0

done dug it all up

Feb 8, 2009
Cinci--just moved to KY
OK we've got a whatzit here. I have the same thing as one of the items you found. Third photo, bottom left. Mine is the same size, with what looks like a hinge on one side and a hole in the other side. Rounded on the holed end and squared off on the hinged end. Mine also has a decorative design on it, and it is the same size.

:icon_scratch:

If you'll repost this piece in What Is It I'll add a photo of the one I found there.

done dugit

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
willie d said:
ModernMiner said:
willie d said:
Nice haul !

The tootsie toy is the blue jalopy from the Tnet car show ! http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,60052.html

Thanks for that ID Willie.
YOU the Man!!! :thumbsup:
-MM-
Nah, I'm just the man IDing stuff for the Man. :icon_king:

Thanks Willie. ;D :wink:
-MM-

done dug it all up said:
OK we've got a whatzit here. I have the same thing as one of the items you found. Third photo, bottom left. Mine is the same size, with what looks like a hinge on one side and a hole in the other side. Rounded on the holed end and squared off on the hinged end. Mine also has a decorative design on it, and it is the same size.

If you'll repost this piece in What Is It I'll add a photo of the one I found there.done dugit

Done Dugit,
I'll post that in the What Is It section right now. Hopefully we can get an ID. :thumbsup:
-MM-

done dug it all up

Feb 8, 2009
Cinci--just moved to KY
ModernMiner said:
done dug it all up said:

If you'll repost this piece in What Is It I'll add a photo of the one I found there.done dugit

Done Dugit,
I'll post that in the What Is It section right now. Hopefully we can get an ID. :thumbsup:
-MM-

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread