Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A virtual "kid's motorpool" and more

Two blocks from where I live, there's a neat 1920's house that I received permission to hunt.

I had met the current property owner about 3-weeks earlier while perusing the area during a
"mega" garage sale on the block, and after stopping to chat, our conversation eventually
gravitated to the age of his home and possibly, the "hidden history" that could be revealed from
under the turf in his front yard. After talking with the owner for about 5-minutes, I had a green light,
and all systems were "go".

My total "hunting time" of the property was only about 4-1/2 hours but because of his work schedule,
my hunts were divided into 3 visits.

On my first hunt, I learned that there had been two "add-ons" since the home was built so I began my
hunt in the yard areas that were closest to the original house. This netted about 8 Lincoln's that ranged
from 1917 to the 1940's.

During my second hunt, I found a virtual "motor-pool" of toy vehicles . . . including the body of a WWII
lead tank that weighed in at about 3 or 4-ounce plus, 4 more Lincoln's and a dog tag.

DSC_3371.JPG

DSC_3372.JPG

My last hunt revealed a small 1950's-era tow-truck (missing some paint) and a silver 1936 Merc.

Thanks for looking!
watercolor

P.S. The homeowner is now a confirmed TNet "Lurker" with the strong possibility of becoming
a Charter Member. . . and maybe even trying his hand at metal detecting :wink:

Upvote 0
Re: A virtual "kid's motorpool" and more

Hey Mark, that's some nice stuff! Next to coins, old toys are my favorite thing to dig. I love that 30's Merc.

It's great that the homeowner was kind enough to let you hunt his yard. I suppose that's why they call it the city of good neighbors.

I see I'm going to have to start going to those garage sales.....

Those are some good finds :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Love that dogtag, medal, and Merc.

Vey cool I liked the religous medalion

very cool stuff! Love all of the toy cars! Also love the silver! :)

Great finds Watercolor :headbang:

I LOVE the vehicles !
One of the first finds I ever found was a tootsietoy chain drive Mack truck...Tootsietoys are my favorites to dig !

WTG :thumbsup: !!

Derek :icon_jokercolor:

Someone covered over the sandbox overnight?

Thanks for the pics. A couple of those toys touched on visual memories of neighbor kids' toys that we all played with. Haven't thought of those particular items in, um, 49 years or so.

Nice finds watercolor. I found 4 or 5 vehicles last week, but yours look alot older than mine. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back