A “W”, a silver and an error.

Barrydang

Sep 2, 2019
alabama
Detector(s) used
minelab, fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasn’t able to get the whole box at the store I work at I got 40 of the rolls. 20 last night and returned those and got 20 more glad I did. River of no return w quarter, a 1964 silver and what u think is the in god we rust. The t is very lightly striked I don’t know how invisible it really gets but this is one I believe. Prolly over 30,000 quarters searched And this is my only my 2nd silver quarter I’ve found although I mainly search for the w quarters still havnt found a complete set.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 72
Upvote 0

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep checking those rolls but don't forget about the dimes for silver. It is probably rare to get a quarter than a dime as I find silver dimes in coinstars quite regularly. Also check the half dollars but remember 1965 up to 1970 the silver content was 40% not 90% like 1964 and back. How many of the 'W' quarters have you found total or is this the first?

OP
OP
Barrydang

Barrydang

Sep 2, 2019
alabama
Detector(s) used
minelab, fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find my share dimes in coinstar s I have gotten a couple quarters. my best coinstar I bought about 40 dollars for face value in halves from a guy trying to put them in there mostly 40% but there was about 7.50 in 90%. I have about 30 w I have found. Most river of no return cause I got box of uncirlated that had 15 in it and but still I find more of those than I do any others. I search halves and have had decent luck 5 silvers in 3 boxes but like I say I’m just enjoy searching for those quarters at the moment atleast till I get a full set for both years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions