What's new

A watsit

shaun7

Gold Member
Joined
May 20, 2008
Messages
6,194
Reaction score
64
Golden Thread
0
Location
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Hello all, I thought I'd put this up on the off chance someone may know what it is :dontknow:

It seems to have some age.

Thanks for looking!
 

Attachments

  • P1000688-1.webp
    P1000688-1.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 332
  • P1000690-1.webp
    P1000690-1.webp
    12.1 KB · Views: 329
  • P1000689-1.webp
    P1000689-1.webp
    11.4 KB · Views: 319
  • P1000692-1.webp
    P1000692-1.webp
    11.4 KB · Views: 335
:read2:

shauns piece is clearly Bronze(copper alloy) soldering iron's are copper as I remember, also shauns piece has a very nice Patina, acquired by many years buried in the ground. We find quite a lot of ancient Bronze Artifacts in the UK and you know when something has that age to it...this is one :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Upvote 0
I agree with Jimmy UK - it looks like a stud from a decorative concrete bulding facade. Sometimes they are placed to keep people from sitting on the window ledges or shrub walls. I pryed one out of a demolished flower box (huge flower box) at a defunct park. Not exact - but similar.
 
Upvote 0
randazzo1 said:
I agree with Jimmy UK - it looks like a stud from a decorative concrete bulding facade. Sometimes they are placed to keep people from sitting on the window ledges or shrub walls. I pryed one out of a demolished flower box (huge flower box) at a defunct park. Not exact - but similar.
Well why make it from expensive Bronze :icon_scratch:

SS
 
Upvote 0
i dont think its bronze mate i think its copper alloy and i still go for my id :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
jimmy uk said:
i dont think its bronze mate i think its copper alloy and i still go for my id :icon_thumleft:
Well copper alloy is Bronze, for someone new to the hobby, you certainly know a lot :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom