What's new

A watsit

shaun7

Gold Member
Joined
May 20, 2008
Messages
6,194
Reaction score
64
Golden Thread
0
Location
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Hello all, I thought I'd put this up on the off chance someone may know what it is :dontknow:

It seems to have some age.

Thanks for looking!
 

Attachments

  • P1000688-1.webp
    P1000688-1.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 332
  • P1000690-1.webp
    P1000690-1.webp
    12.1 KB · Views: 329
  • P1000689-1.webp
    P1000689-1.webp
    11.4 KB · Views: 319
  • P1000692-1.webp
    P1000692-1.webp
    11.4 KB · Views: 335
:icon_thumleft:

Two pence piece :icon_thumleft: :laughing9:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Roman can and bottle opener :tongue3:.


hammered
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
:icon_thumleft:

Two pence piece :icon_thumleft: :laughing9:

SS



Great!! I was relying on you :laughing9:
 
Upvote 0
hammered said:
Roman can and bottle opener :tongue3:.


hammered



Now I just need to find some Roman cans and bottles. Yum Yum :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
A piece from a door lock?
 
Upvote 0
i think it looks like a wall stud or floor stud where they used to put the thin end in between the two bricks or in concrete :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Here's the other end! Just took me all this time to do it so I'm putting them on :laughing7:
 

Attachments

  • P1000840.webp
    P1000840.webp
    19.9 KB · Views: 301
  • P1000841.webp
    P1000841.webp
    24.6 KB · Views: 296
  • P1000842.webp
    P1000842.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 301
Upvote 0
jimmy uk said:
i think it looks like a wall stud or floor stud where they used to put the thin end in between the two bricks or in concrete :dontknow:



I don't think it's a brick tie :-\
 
Upvote 0
:dontknow:

I would post it on UKFD, it looks like some type of Bronze tool :icon_scratch:

SS
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
A piece from a door lock?



I can't see it BigC :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
SS is right, you should post it on UKDFD. I think it looks possibly maybe sort of spikey, so I'm going with a replacement sharp thing for a war hammer or mace, but I didn't tell you this :tongue3:.


hammered


ps. don't look up war hammer on google, it's an online game or something
 

Attachments

  • war-club-2606.webp
    war-club-2606.webp
    4.7 KB · Views: 291
Upvote 0
hammered said:
SS is right, you should post it on UKDFD. I think it looks possibly maybe sort of spikey, so I'm going with a replacement sharp thing for a war hammer or mace, but I didn't tell you this :tongue3:.


hammered


ps. don't look up war hammer on google, it's an online game or something




A weapon of some sort was suggested :-\ I'll post it there, but not sure if I'll get an answer :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a soldering iron and the handle is missing. Should be made of copper.
Looks like it got a lot of use. Roofers use them soldering copper flashing's on slate and tile roofs. Nothing else rings a bell.
 
Upvote 0
I drew a sketch of a soldering iron I have seen. I think Jon has one like it . They were for soldering roofing tins and flashing's. Whats the chance it being anything else.
 

Attachments

  • soldering iron 001.webp
    soldering iron 001.webp
    34.1 KB · Views: 214
Upvote 0
Lucas said:
The point is definitely the right shape for a soldering iron.
Thanks Lucas. If I get a chance to see Jons soldering iron I will get a picture of it. Roger
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom