Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to scout camp for a week. I didn?t get a lot of time to swing my CZ21 because I was busy with the scouts, but I did manage 7 hours. With the tents up and having done a lot of detecting there over the past 21 months while camp was closed, all the best spots have been done. I worked around the edges of 2 sites and along a path through the woods and got lucky. I found 156 coins with a face value of $14.39, 65 tent pegs, 3 rope tensioners, a cheapie ring, a new cheapie earring, 3 sinkers, a mess kit spoon, a good lock back knife, an expanded quarter, 2 neckerchief slides, a spoon bowl, some melted aluminum, grommets and a dollar eyeball find that some scout lost that week at camp.

E6EB2E74-3D83-4BB1-A84A-32EFC8AADFF7.jpeg

The quarter is like a dome button. It has been in a camp fire and if the fire is hot enough the inner clad layers must give off a has that causes the coin to swell like a balloon. I posted a dime like this a while ago.

8D2D8EC8-4C15-4C5E-84C2-B78E5FC12D91.jpeg

I had a chance to go to a swimming area and beach that has been closed for a whole year due to the pandemic. It has a steep drop off and the deep end of the swimming area is 15 feet deep. The good thing is as the summer goes on the water level drops so by the end of the summer you can wade and detect the whole thing. I usually find some gold and silver jewelry here and several years ago I found a real nice 14k diamond wedding band and engagement set. This trip was unfortunately not so good. The sand was much quieter than usual, not even a lot of ferrous targets. In 3 hours I covered the whole beach and swimming area (in the water up to my chin.). My ATPro sniffed out 12 coins with a face value of $1.74, 2 pop tabs, 4 sinkers, a grommet, a broken chain, 2 cheapie earrings, a cheapie charm, an earring back, 2 hair pins, 2 bottle caps and of course aluminum package foil. My first signal was a penny so I knew I wouldn?t be skunked, but for a long time I was afraid that might be my only find.

9A79696F-412F-47FA-AD31-13C9360E40F4.jpeg

I could tell the earrings and earring back were cheapie, but the chain was a possible gold. However the acid test proved it was not what I hoped it would be.

EF5A0B30-C556-479E-9D6E-50E8A6D160BC.jpeg

I got back to a park swimming area and had 3.5 hours to swing the ATPro in the water. The sand was pretty quiet here too. I did manage to find 20 coins with a face value of $1.51, 4 rings, an earring back, an earring, sinkers, 2 tabs, a few hair pins and aluminum foil.

6521E66B-A61F-4A4A-B223-9BDE7C7A04EB.jpeg

One of the rings is copper, the second is a kiddie ring sold in the concession stand for a $1, the other 2 are stainless steel. The earring is fairly light, but it is 14k gold. I was hoping for more, but at least I got some gold.

919DBDAE-BF44-4AC2-AD72-4CE763ABC2B3.jpeg D9A577B4-D1BA-458F-A6FE-917EAC88AC2E.jpeg

More fun in the outdoors swingin my detector and bringing home goodies, some clad and a little gold. Thanks for looking, stay safe and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 11

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds!!