A week of curb detecting over spring break - more silver and gold

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been taking advantage of the decreased foot traffic due to the kids being out of town for spring break to detect the curbs along frat row. I know they've been hit up before because I've seen people out detecting them. I took out my nel snake on the AT pro and was able to find some things they missed, including some silver and gold! I also found the elusive yellow penny! (it was on the curb when they painted it)
20230312_110117~2.jpg

20230312_110139~2.jpg

20230312_110227~2.jpg

The Kappa Alpha Omega pin isn't marked, but similar ones are listed online at 10k. The heart earing is probably costume since it isn't marked either, still shiny though!

Thanks for looking

Upvote 24

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
I've been taking advantage of the decreased foot traffic due to the kids being out of town for spring break to detect the curbs along frat row. I know they've been hit up before because I've seen people out detecting them. I took out my nel snake on the AT pro and was able to find some things they missed, including some silver and gold! I also found the elusive yellow penny! (it was on the curb when they painted it)
View attachment 2073680

View attachment 2073681
View attachment 2073682
The Kappa Alpha Omega pin isn't marked, but similar ones are listed online at 10k. The heart earing is probably costume since it isn't marked either, still shiny though!

Thanks for looking
Awesome finds. I was gonna take the day off from detecting but that makes me want to get my gear and go

OP
OP
G

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NICE going :) did you do better next to the road or sidewalk ?
Both the silver dimes came from right beside the sidewalk, most of the pennies were closer to the road. I think the spangers chuck the pennies people give them then and there, found a lot near stop lights where spangers frequent

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad you didn't find the mate to the silver and gold earring. It would have been worth it to have a new post put back on. :icon_thumleft:

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 2073680

View attachment 2073681
View attachment 2073682

Thanks for looking
Good work

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, Pin says Jan. 22, 1838 Right?

It will be 1938. The Kappa Alpha Theta (ΚΑΘ) fraternity was founded on January 27, 1870, at DePauw University in Greencastle, Indiana as the first “Greek-letter fraternity” for women. It now has 147 chapters at colleges and universities in the US and Canada.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread